“Great value and location”

At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Sydney
Kilsyth South
“Great value and location”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in North Sydney. Very convenient location to waterfront and most importantly just a stone throw away from the Newfoundland ferry.
Heather was a great host. Very warm and most helpful.
Big room and great bed. Very comfortable night's sleep and a very hearty breakfast in the morning. Heather's offsider even gave a breakfast talk on what to do on Newfoundland for the 'outbound' travelers catching the morning ferry.
Highly recommend this B&B and would definitely stay again if ever (hopefully) passing this way in the future!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark_S255100
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Only three days since you were here and the weather has turned lovely. Nova Scotia is at its best and NL is slowly warming up. Some say the travelers are down, but I have enjoyed more people like yourselves this year than any other years since I have started. Thanks for sharing the year with me.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2013

At The Harbourfront B&B is a wonderful little place. It's close to the harbour, within walking distance to the malls, it has several great restaurants nearby and a laundromat just around the corner. In short, it is ideally placed. I has a wonderful 2 nights there in a big , clean room with ensuite bathroom and hearty breakfasts. The owner, Heather, was a fantastic hostess and a wealth of knowledge on the area, history as well as any ferry questions. A big thank you to Heather and Megan for a wonderful stay. I will definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave C
We all know we can not be all things to all people but I hope I can continue to host many others like you. Take care for the rest of 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

The hostess is a warm and generous soul who makes you feel at home right away. Excellent breakfast in the morning. Comfortable beds and nice individual showers in each room. I highly recommend it whenever you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Shauna R
I love the fact that Trip Advisor allows me to see how you and others receive the service we provide. I am so pleased with the positive responses this year and I hope I may be your hostess again in the future.
Dundas ontario
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Heather and Megan made us feel very welcome! Great bed-very comfortable. The hearty breakfast was super especially the rhubarb! Very convenient to the ferry to Newfoundland. We would recommend to friends and definitely return if ever this way again!

Room Tip: Room facing ferries was a bit noisy from traffic but it did not bother us.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank septemberjen
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for your review and I hope I can find a solution to reduce traffic noise. If any travelers have seen any solutions to this situation, all ideas are welcome. Enjoy the balance of your travels.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for convenience because of the proximity to the ferry terminal. The room was comfortable and clean. Heather was very welcoming and gave us information about nearby restaurants and accommodation options at our next destination. We were served an excellent hearty breakfast before we left in the morning. Very good value for our money. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank time2travel555
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Always happy to engage in conversation with my guests and we do try and make your overall stay the best we can.
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

When we arrived the proprietor was already waiting for us and showed us the place and lead us to our nice, clean room. She was very helpful in directing us to local places (restaurants, etc.). The morning meal was enjoyable, the other guests made good conversation (points to see, etc.)

Room Tip: Ours (top floor, harbourview) was good, We don't know of the others.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaunty5
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
To you and all the other guests I had the pleasure of hosting this year, thank you for a wonderful year. I have had commitments that limited my time to respond to my guests in a timely manner regarding their stay with me this past year.

Yes, we are fortunate to have some fine food establishments in town. It is always my pleasure to assist visitors with things to see, places to go and any other information I hope will make your visit better.

The interaction among the guests is one of the highlights of operating this type of establishment and the conversations have been stimulating, humourous and informative, both for me and my other guests.

I hope many will visit Cape Breton this year (NL too, since I am by the Marine Atlantic Terminal) and enjoy all these provinces have to offer.

Heather
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The house was stately and its location in town was fine, as was our room and bed. Breakfast was plentiful, very tasty and featured local produce. Although there was a wide street out front, we were requested to park in the lot at the rear. Since the house is located on the side of a hill, be prepared to carry luggage up steps to the back porch, then more steps to reach the guest rooms located on the second floor.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank nrwell
Thank you for bringing up the parking concern. For those who visit me in the future, I can't move off the hill but I do encourage guests to bring luggage in the front door prior to parking. This reduces one flight of stairs. I also have 2 rooms on the ground floor that I try to provide to those guests who need them most but are available on request if not already booked.

If I failed to mention these options to you at the time, I apologize and hope I can do better by you in the future.

Heather
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites

Been to At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!