“Perfect stop before boarding your ferry”

At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Sydney
Port aux Basques, Canada
“Perfect stop before boarding your ferry”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. Also, Heather (the owner) is one of the friendliest, most generous people I've met. If you have a day to spare, drive out to the Fortress of Louisbourg. It's a truly memorable place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ross M
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review. This year it looks like things will be busy again but I hope I can continue to find room for travelers who are as nice and fun as yuou. Hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Harbourfront123, Manager at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If there are specific needs that were not met or other suggestions to improve guests stay, please let me know. We do our best to meet the basic needs of travelers but always there are alternatives that may make a visit better. Hope you trip went well.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were pleased with this choice - very home like and well located. Great for long walks along the harbour and walking distance to large chain stores for any supplies. Our room came with a sofa bed. Though the Inn may feel a bit cramped if every room was occupied - none were when we were there.
We had to leave early for our flight - but were able to use the kitchen and supplies downstairs to rustle up a breakfast

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share. It is really surprising how I can have a full house and still seem like there is almost no one here unless the guests gather on one of the porches and have a gabfest (one of my favorite times). One table does get close for breakfast but it all seems like part of the B & B home type atmosphere that many find enjoyable. I hope I may have the chance to offer you the full breakfast at a future time.
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Everything went smoothly - from taking the reservation to guiding me to the B&B after I got lost

Room was clean, comfie and ample size. Private bath was clean and spacious.

Neighborhood was quiet at night - slept soundly - was even able to catch part of a NFL preseason game on ESPN (in North Sydney of all places).

Breakfast the next morning was delish - with real scrambled eggs and tasty sausages, toast, yoghurt and plenty of condiments.

Excellent establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I do encourage all my guests to keep my toll free # 1-888-606-3001 with them so I can be of assistance at any time they are trying to find the place, need to alter arrival time or need information. So glad I was able to help you
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed there waiting for the Nfld ferry. Only minutes away. Heather was friendly and welcoming. She runs a very clean and comfortable experience. The experience was better than the other motels we stayed in Breakfast was great! Her B&B is highly recommended! Try a bit of East Coast hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013
I do feel there is a special feel to a B & B and it is our homes and we welcome you to be part of them.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stay one night on our way to Newfoundland. Heather was very nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable . Heather recommended the Black Spoon for supper it was great. Breakfast was fine if you eat hard boiled eggs and I don't but my husband had one of mine plus his two. I was able to fill up on toast and yogurt and fruit, so I was fine. On our return from Newfoundland she didn't have anything available but she sent us to her sister -in-laws which was on our way back and it was grand. Thanks Heather&Co.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy O
I had responded earlier but I guess I hit the wrong buttons because it did not get posted. I am glad your husband was able to enjoy the extra eggs and perhaps you will join me another morning when the menu is French toast or scrambled eggs. Because it is not a commercial kitchen the meal needs to be chefs choice. Boiled eggs probably means everyone was catching the ferry the next morning and all needing to get out at the same time. It is my best option to make sure everyone is fed and able to get on with the day. I hope your day added to your holiday experience. Take Care
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent 1-night after touring the park. The place is not elegant but it is more than satisfactory especially when you consider the price. I don't think any place else in the area has more to offer. Heather was free with helpful advise recommending the Black Spoon Bistro which is a pleasant surprise for North Sydney. Eat early though as everything in Town closes at 8 sharp.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Albuquerque_NMGeezer
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Still very busy welcoming lovely people like yourselves. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates

Been to At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!