“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in North Sydney
CALIFORNIA
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is the best place to stay in North Sydney. Heather is very organized and went out of her way to make sure we had a comfortable bed per our preferences. She was very helpful in planning our trip on the Cabot Trail. Breakfast was very nice. The room was great, although it could use some place to put luggage except on the floors. The Wifi was a little slow but adequate for email. We met another couple at breakfast and they were staying here before getting on the ferry.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LUCKYME72
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share. The folding table is the luggage stand but you have given me an idea and if time permits this year, I think I will see if I can develop some kind of folding rack to add to the little table. I did so much enjoy your visit with me and I hope the rest of your travels were an absolute joy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Heather & staff were very accommodating & extremely helpful with directions & places to see.
Room was very clean & comfortable.
Breakfast were very nice!
Stayed 3 nights, would stay gain & recommend to friends!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry G
Harbourfront123, Manager at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Always nice to have people who stay for a number of days. The trouble is everyone leaves me and I often feel like family is going away. I will look forward to the time we get together again.
Port aux Basques, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. Also, Heather (the owner) is one of the friendliest, most generous people I've met. If you have a day to spare, drive out to the Fortress of Louisbourg. It's a truly memorable place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ross M
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review. This year it looks like things will be busy again but I hope I can continue to find room for travelers who are as nice and fun as yuou. Hope to see you again.
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it. Very hospitable but otherwise nothing much to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Ward and Maryle... L
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If there are specific needs that were not met or other suggestions to improve guests stay, please let me know. We do our best to meet the basic needs of travelers but always there are alternatives that may make a visit better. Hope you trip went well.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were pleased with this choice - very home like and well located. Great for long walks along the harbour and walking distance to large chain stores for any supplies. Our room came with a sofa bed. Though the Inn may feel a bit cramped if every room was occupied - none were when we were there.
We had to leave early for our flight - but were able to use the kitchen and supplies downstairs to rustle up a breakfast

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Harbourfront123, Owner at At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share. It is really surprising how I can have a full house and still seem like there is almost no one here unless the guests gather on one of the porches and have a gabfest (one of my favorite times). One table does get close for breakfast but it all seems like part of the B & B home type atmosphere that many find enjoyable. I hope I may have the chance to offer you the full breakfast at a future time.
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Everything went smoothly - from taking the reservation to guiding me to the B&B after I got lost

Room was clean, comfie and ample size. Private bath was clean and spacious.

Neighborhood was quiet at night - slept soundly - was even able to catch part of a NFL preseason game on ESPN (in North Sydney of all places).

Breakfast the next morning was delish - with real scrambled eggs and tasty sausages, toast, yoghurt and plenty of condiments.

Excellent establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I do encourage all my guests to keep my toll free # 1-888-606-3001 with them so I can be of assistance at any time they are trying to find the place, need to alter arrival time or need information. So glad I was able to help you
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed there waiting for the Nfld ferry. Only minutes away. Heather was friendly and welcoming. She runs a very clean and comfortable experience. The experience was better than the other motels we stayed in Breakfast was great! Her B&B is highly recommended! Try a bit of East Coast hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013
I do feel there is a special feel to a B & B and it is our homes and we welcome you to be part of them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sydney
Hotel North
#2 of 4 in North Sydney
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
Chamber's Guest House Bed and Breakfast

Been to At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!