“Fanatastic from Start to Finish”

The Lobster Pound And Moore
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in North Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Lobster Pound Restaurant is a first class establishment with delicious food, a fantastic atmosphere and prompt and friendly service. You will not be disappointed. Call ahead and make a reservation.

1  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Anything on the menu goes...all good...I personally like the fish and chips ...can hardly eat it all. My wife is particular to the Salmon...a west coast specialty on the east coast! But delicious. Lobster anything is delicious. ANd if you are not sure ask the Chef/owner...he will not let you down. Save room for desert if you can. They are busy and I have gone three times and could not get in so you may want to reserve.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Really great!! We both had a lobster w fries and can definitely recommend this. Too much food to eat it all up, but great quality and really nice staff w the chef coming in himself to explain everything and see if everything was okay.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a reservation at short notice one night. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had. The chef actually added another lobster to my supper because the original one's color was slightly off apparently. We were so full after but it was well worth it. Book early to get into this one folks.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The food might be good, but the attitude is just not worth it. I have been here a few times and one time in particular Hubby & I took our children. It is clear this place does not like children. Now, I know not everyone likes "kids", but, my children know how to behave in public. When the server first approached, she said "I don't have a kids menu?" I replied that it was ok, my children can split an entrée. I did ask for a gluten free menu and when asked if it was "lifestyle" or allergy I replied, "my children have Celiac Disease". Her reply was "We do not have a gluten free menu."

On another occasion, I called to place an order and was told, by the owner "I am too busy to take your order today." and he hung up on me.

I was refused a take out a second time because "they don't travel well." Um, if I am paying for this, should I not get to select my food?

Don't get me wrong, the food is good here, but the randomness of the service and the poor attitude is enough that I will not be returning, and as you can read, I don't mind telling other potential clients what I think!

13  Thank Mum1928