“Disappointing for a Best Western”
Review of Aurora Inn

Aurora Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The room felt like Best Western furniture was stuffed into an old motel room. The room was clean, but smelled a bit like an old motel room. Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately the dining room wasn't open for dinner, and everything seemed to be either closed or closing in town by 8:00 pm even though several restaurants are advertised as open until 9:00 pm. Even Tim Hortons which is open until 11:00 pm was out of most things by 8:30 pm. If you don't need to stay in Kingston or at a Best Western, pass on this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel (motel really) was really just ok. Everything was pretty average. The rod had 2 big comfortable beds in it, but I chose the one beside the window, (motel) so I heard every noise in the parking lot. I didn't get a very restful sleep as a result, being woken twice in the middle of the night. The rooms seemed clean enough but had a heavy odour of some deodorizer, make me think it was covering up an even fouler odour. The best thing about this hotel was the Tim Hortons right accross the street.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great spot to stay, not far from Apple Dome (15mins). They have a sports rate - ask for it if you're booking for competitions or sports games. You will need to cancel withen 3 days of your event if your plans change. There is a Tim's across the street and it isn't far from the highway.

Place is clean, bathroom could use a bit of renovations, but the price was right and it was fine for our needs. I slept for 10 hours comfortably in a clean motel with 2 queen sized beds, cable and a fridge.

Staff were also very helpful and nice. I would definately stay again.

Thanks Best Western! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

+ : service and room
- : difficulty to sleep because people coming late to their room or leaving early, talking loud or slamming the doors of the room or of their car. Also, even if it is announced as an hotel... it is a motel !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Aurora for one night and was pleasantly suprised. This motel met my expectations in respect to the room decoration as I had researched the guestrooms prior to reservation on the internet. The photos, although are taken professionally seem to make the rooms look a bit larger than they are but that's the same with all.

The room was a decent size with a nice king sized bed. Refridgerator, Flat Screen TV and other standard amenities. Something weird I did notice, however, was the notepad by the phone is severely out of date... It has a bunch of locations listed in the Atlantic Provinces but the newest are missing: BW Plus Chocolate Lake, BW Plus Dartmouth, BW Plus Liverpool and Bridgewater.

The old BW Mic Mac was listed which is now a Quality inn... I found it amusing.

At checkin the GSA was friendly and chatty which I liked. I was slightly disappointed that there is no continental breakfast on weekends. Oh well, you can't win them all.

The room itself was relatively quiet, and the blackout shades do a wonderful job! Only one exception, It seemed like we were next to the housekeeping closet as we;d hear ladies talking and laughing in the space next to our room which had a "no parking" sign on the door. The only downside of a drive up motel is that you can hear when the trolleys and laundry carts are pushed by on the asphalt but that isn't anything one can help.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, oh and the bed was SO COMFORTABLE!

My only suggestion is to include a small hand lotion with your complimentary amenities!

Should the opportunity arise, and the rate be right I will choose to stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the "No Parking Door"
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have stayed at the Aurora many times in the past 20 years! And I must admit the reno' last year makes it LOOK much better, but.....I was very unhappy with my most recent stay! The night i arrived there was a large black fly lumbering around inside my room! I know! Just a fly!! But it is October, the temp. is getting near freezing at night. There are no flys outside!! Why is this one in my room?! The second day, get home from work to find a huge nasty bug that I could not identify on the wall directly above my bed!! Finally get to sleep even though I think I can feel bugs crawling all over me, only to wake up around 4:00 A.M. shivering!! The housekeeping staff had graciously turned the 40 year old thermostat OFF!!! Allowing the temp in the room to drop to under 15C (59F)!!!!
Who does that?!?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HercMech
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Don't let the title of this review scare you off. When we drove up to the hotel, what we saw was the one-level, outside entrance to all rooms, motel. It does have that older motel look, but let me assure you that this hotel was wonderful. It had a complete make-over in 2011. I got a senior discount on the room, but I thought that the rate was a little high for the hotel considering the rate was the same as what I had paid the night before in Liverpool for a three-year old hotel with more services. No pool or fitness center. There was one computer in the business center.

But don't be scared off. The people here were so friendly and helpful and our room was wonderful. We had 2 queen beds, flat screen TV with good satellite channel lineup, desk with a chair, a chair for sitting, and coffee. The room had what looked like an older air conditioner, but it cooled very well. Had a fridge but no microwave.

The bathroom was all in one room and was somewhat small. Had nice full-length bath towels, hair dryer, and rubber mat for the tub for safety. No exhaust fan.

Breakfast was an extended continental style. Had deviled eggs, quiche, great coffee, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast. Had real dinnerware and tablecloths. Jaimee was so wonderful to talk with during breakfast. A perfect hostess.

Our room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaleSwansea_IL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Slumber Inn
Middleton Motel and Suites
Middleton Motel and Suites
#2 of 6 in Middleton
Orchard Queen Motel & RV Park

Been to Aurora Inn? Share your experiences!