“Decent place in greenwood” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aurora Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kingston
Thunder Bay
“Decent place in greenwood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Check in went smoothly room was ready on time - the hotel is really a motel - all rooms are drive up - the rooms have a good size and the beds were very comfortable - and two queens rather than two doubles - TV is decent size and reasonable selection - shower has good water pressure - and had the very same shower heads as most holiday inns -- no night light in the bathroom and the light and the fan were on the same light switch - I did not like the coat hangers on the closet - though as they are built in - you cant take them off the rod so you cant hang them anywhere else -- restaurant in the building only has supper and sunday brunch - did not try the food this time - though was there a couple of years ago and it was very good -- left behind a pair of shorts - the hotel called my cell hours after I checked out to advise me and hold on to it until I returned later in the day to pick them up - overall a decent stay and a decent price - was able to get a one hour late check out with no problems at all -- would stay there again when in the area

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This motel is a little gem. The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was excellent and they did everything they could to make sure we had everything we needed. They were friendly and efficient. They even called my cell and sent me an email to say that we had left something behind. I have never had that happen at any other hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NStevens1234
truro, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

A comfortable, pet friendly motel with good amenities such as free wifi , onsite restaurant , nice grounds . Close to local shopping and activities We stay a couple of times a year while visiting family.Friendly staff always try to accommodate special requests such as early check in. Nice restaurant nearby called the Green Elephant Cafe which serves a tasty all day breakfast and every kind of tea and locally roasted coffee known to man. Lots of walking trails and little parks and not too far to the Bay of Fundy .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Bridgewater, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was a little worried when I pulled into the parking lot and saw what the building looked like, but it was very deceiving. The staff was very friendly, and the room was very clean. The curtains blocked out all of the light from outside. The beds were very comfortable and it was the best sleep I've had in a long time. Breakfast doesn't start until 7 which was inconvenient for me since I needed to leave by then to get to work, but the food and coffee was already out while I was checking out and they told me I could take what I wanted for the road, so I was very impressed by this. The bathroom was stocked with Paya brand soaps and was very nice and organic. The room also had a mini-fridge, a flat-screen television, and a coffee-maker.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had the opportunity to stay once more at the Aurora Inn as a result of a business trip. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and kind! It felt like I was leaving my friends behind when I packed up to return home. Fortunately they had my cell-number and reached me before I left for Halifax - I had completely forgot to check one of the drawers that still had some clothes and money in it! It was waiting for me in a bag, along with a couple of rocks that I had previously decided not to take home.
While in the town of Kingston, NS, you have to check out Mary et Guy's French Bakery! This town is so lucky to have real French cuisine nestled with the locals! The tarte aux pommes and their quiches are the best!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Amherst, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband , and I, traveling with a friend from the Netherlands, found this Motel and almost passed it by.. The outside appeared to be similar to what we call a "Mom and Pop", one of those privately owned motels..

but having had good experience with Best Western most of the time, decided to "give it a try".. plus we were ready to stop driving for the day!

The staff were warm and friendly.. the room rate reasonable.. a nice clean room, two queen size beds.. a fridge, coffee maker and large TV.. Very acceptable.

We dined and were extremely pleased with the food.. all 3 meals were well above average.. and, as we travel 8 weeks per year we know good from bad! All 3 of us raved about the meals we received..

Breakfast was good as well.. as these continental meals go.. this again, was one of the better breakfasts... with eggs, pancakes as well as fresh muffins etc..

The wait staff were very friendly and welcoming..All in all, we felt it was one of the best experiences in motel stays, for many years.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gypsygirl41
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

if you need to stay in Greenwood Nova Scotia or surrounding area this little motel is a hidden gem...don't be concerned about the outside motel facade although the grounds are immaculate ...the rooms are beautiful...comfortable beds with duvets(not ugly bedspreads) and lovely soft linens(not stiff and scratchy)...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Karen Ms T
Tom M, General Manager at Aurora Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. it is always gratifying to hear our guests enjoyed their time with us, and I will be sure to share your comments with all of our team members.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Slumber Inn
#1 of 2 in New Minas
Hannam House B&B
Hannam House B&B
#5 of 6 in Middleton

Been to Aurora Inn? Share your experiences!