“A change for the area”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Soothe your soul at Green Elephant Cafe, where offering you a healthy "option" is our passion.... but... our waffles are amazing! We serve a full menu breakfast and Lunch suitable for many dietary requirements. Bring the family or join a friend, where serving you is our pleasure. Welcome. Feel free to join our facebook page.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have had lunch here on a number of occasions, in a group, as a couple, and solo. I have never had trouble getting a table, but have seen others unable too. It is quite small, only seating for ~ 25 with 4 window stools. The food menu offers a good selection of wraps and sandwiches with or without salad or soup. I have always enjoyed my lunch but have never tried there sweets, which are on display on the cooler. Over all, the Green Elephant makes a nice change from the pizza, chinese and fast food mostly available in the Kingston/Greenwood area.

2  Thank Valleyguy2008

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Every time I'm in town I love to stop by the Cafe, and grab something to drink and eat. They have a great selection and for the amount of food you get I'm surprised the prices are not higher! The staff are so welcoming and love to have conversations! :) I always bring my friends along because they love it. There is nothing poor about the green elephant I think it's a great place for family and friends.

2  Thank Carl Z
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The sad part is I tried here twice for food because I really wanted to like the place and give them a chance but both times they failed..the coffee selection was the only positive I could derive and the cleansliness.The first visit was just poor service and bad pricing but it was a new place so I figured maybe give it a few months to sort itself out.I went back the second time for breakfast and left grossed out and infuriated. I ordered a waffle for my girlfriend and just a normal bacon and eggs for myself and when I received it after a extended wait it had hair in and on it.I discreetly advised my server and she promptly took it and returned with another without a apology or really aknowledgement of the severity of the situation..my eggs and bacon were no longer appealing and I wished to speak with management.I made aware of the situation and still no positive reaction.I left ending up paying for my full meal and for a 10$ waffle..not impressed to this day.Wont be returning! !

3  Thank Joshua D
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have been here many times for coffee. Their varieties of flavoured coffees, lattes, etc is great. They have weekly specials of flavours too, which is nice. Last week's special was Pumpkin Pie latte, which was excellent and I can't wait to have another one! My usual favorite is the Chai Latte. You can get their lattes, etc in skinny and sugar free versions,too which is nice.

This morning hubby and I went for breakfast. They have a nice menu for breakfast. He had 2 eggs, toast and bacon (or ham, if you want) for $5.96. You can't beat that price! I had the western wrap, which was eggs, peppers, mushrooms, green onions and cheddar cheese in a wrap with salsa/sour cream on the side for $7.96. Both were delicious. Their waffles are outstanding and you can get one with all the trimmings for $9.96. Sundays they serve breakfast all day and the rest of the week they open at 7 and serve breakfast until 11. I was looking at their menu for lunch which includes enticing-looking salads and wraps and they always have daily specials.

What a nice addition to the area, where there is nothing else to choose from except Tim's, or McDonalds. We will be back!

2  Thank K.C.NovaScotia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great healthy menu, the restarant atmosphere was cleaning and lovely and the service was wonderful!!

2  Thank Amy S