“More like a Motel than a Hotel”
Review of Dreamcatcher Lodge

and 1 more site!
Dreamcatcher Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Stephenville
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My immediate and extended family travelled to Stephenville on a last-minute whim. I didn't have a lot of time to research efficiency units in the area, but did find Dreamcatcher Lodge. We were a large group - 6 adults and 3 children, plus a dog, and wanted an efficiency unit where we could prepare our own food. The management were very accommodating in finding us two units close to each other, and for providing us a BBQ machine. The front desk and maintenance people were all very nice and friendly. The unit was unfortunately a smoking unit, and smelled that way, but the pet-friendly units are smoking units as well. The efficiency units were definitely more motel than hotel - old fridge/stove kitchenette area, and no screens in the windows. There were no fans in the ceilings and the bathroom fan didn't work. But with that said, it looks as if things are being replaced - just slowly. The rooms were clean and we had a really nice lady come each day and changed our towels, etc.. All in all, it was an okay stay. We were on the ground level, which was great for the kids being able to play frisbee and catch in the parking lot and green space. Plus, the lodge is located close to lots of restaurants and a nice swimming pool in town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JCooper-Ontario

Reviewed 1 October 2011

My friend and I stayed at Dreamcatcher Lodge this weekend, and I must say it is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Affordable prices, and the people are amazing. I will be booking my next stay back at Dreamcatcher Lodge again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erica S
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Nice, clean, convenient place to stay. Pet friendly a bonus! Our room had large living area with kitchen table, kitchenette, full bath and bedroom with tow double beds. Recently renovated and very clean. Nice entrance with deck and bench to sit out on.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank crockerholly
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Friendly staff and very clean facility! Chico was great!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My family and I(10 of us-all ages from 2-70) had to travel to Stephenville for a funeral. We booked 3 suites to accomodate us. The Dreamcatcher looked after our every need. The suites were newly renovated, clean, warm, cozy atmosphere. Lots of fresh towels, extra blankets and pillows, and included perks like free coffee and internet. Plenty of Parking, great location, close to all conveniences. Despite all the snow and ice this time of year, the parking lot and walkways were cleared and well maintained and easy to get around. The lounge was beautiful, we wish we would of had more time to enjoy a meal and stay awhile longer. I am in the Tourism industry and would certainly reccommend this property to our clients and plan to bring groups in the coming year.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tourism2011
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This is my first stay at the DreamCatcher Lodge. I found that all Business Centres;
Restaurants and Shopp ing Malls were very accessible from the Lodge which I thought to be a big plus. The Lodge is located in a very quiet area of town. The Manager and Staff were
very professional and hospitable. I would definitely stay at the DreamCatcher Lodge again in the future.

l

t

t

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NLdriver
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I travel to stephenville every year around this time to enjoy the great ski dooing. One of the places i like to stay is the dreamcatcher. It not only has good staff, but nice clean rooms and a social area to lounge with family and friends. The dreamcatcher is also on mainstreet, with shopping centers and restaurants within walking distance.
Checo is very helpful and hospitable everytime we come out for a trip. This is why we come back every year and would recommend this motel to anyone.

PM St.Johns

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank skidootrip2011

Been to Dreamcatcher Lodge? Share your experiences!