“Once too often”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trail
Kamloops, Canada
“Once too often”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I must say this will be the last time I stay at this location. The price has jumped quite a bit and it was already overpriced for what you get. Small rooms, mediocre appointments and the food at Foxy's is terrible. The only thing worse is that they insist on playing music for a crowd that is 25yrs younger than the patrons. The pub, Foxy's is beautiful but the shine leaves you on the first mouthful. The menu is unimpressive and the food is below average in every way except the price.
I will stay in Castlegar or Rossland from now on and will be happy to take the drive to/from Trail from now on. This place knows most of their patrons are there on business and they feel that you are a captive customer. No more for me, anyone in our company and anyone I know that is visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Graham B
BWCRHotelServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Graham B,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

We are sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. Foxy's Fine Food & Drinks music comes direct from Vancouver and is the identical to what you would find in a Keg Steakhouse or a Cactus Club Cafe. We have designated sections in the dining lounge where music and volume can be customized to your liking. We have just launched a new menu and invite you back to try our new selections and hope we are able to offer something to your liking. Regarding rates we are able to offer regular business local negotiated rates. Best Western also offers a Business Advantage program you may be interested in.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1.800.465.6682.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our stay at the Best Western Plus in Trail was a pleasant suprise. We were intown visiting family over Valentined Day and where concerend that as a couple we would be missing out. Luckily the Best Western had a beautiful onsite restaurant Foxy's where my husband and I could celebrate our special day. Great food, drinks and service complimented by a comfertable sleep in a clean room. If you ever find yourself in Trail this is the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joy W,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy to hear we were able to save your Valentines Day!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travel to Trail often on business, and spent one night here. Was greeted (?) by a surly front desk agent and given a room. Parking was limited to behind the hotel, and after four hours of sleep was woken up by front desk because the Mc Donald's delivery truck couldn't make a turn into an alley with my car in its parking spot when he could have backed in to his destination. Wha-wha-what??? Do these people own the Mc Donalds?? Who's paying $165 a night to stay here- me or the Mc Donalds truck driver?? Have stayed at all three motels in Trail, and can honestly say I've had a better night's sleep for a more reasonable cost at the Glenwood and the Ray Lyn than this so-called "boutique" hotel. Won't be back.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, try to get a room away from the street. Also, find a parking spot in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Applethecat,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We would like to ensure you that our Hotel is in no way affiliated with McDonalds. We apologize for your inconvenience, if you will consider staying with us again we do have designed parking for large vehicles. If you are on business with a specific company we also have negotiated rates that you can take advantage of.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Recently stayed here again on a business trip, and as usual I have no complaints. Service was very good, and the dining was excellent as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and I had instant access to wifi. Very convenient location. Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BWCRHotelServiceTeam, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Meagan D,

Trail, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our stay at the Trail Best Western was quiet and comfortable. I was scheduled for knee surgery at the Trail hospital the next day so I was able to sleep well and had all the amenities close at hand.The hospital is only a five minute drive from the Best Western which made for a very convenient location. We had supper at the Foxy's lounge which had a superb menu. I had the lamb chops with blueberry chutney with fresh steamed vegetables. I would definitely recommend this as your place to stay in Trail.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Wanda P,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are happy your surgery went well and we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay.

Creston, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel was OK but should not be a plus. Very small rooms, nothing over and above. Parking is brutal. Very expensive for what you get.. The breakfast buffet was good and lots of selection. One good thing was they accomedated us with the conference room for our young hockey team to play.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Rod L,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary conference room for your young hockey team and the free full hot breakfast bar.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I needed to visit Trail BC on business for two days and this was the only chain hotel option in the area. I was not sure what to expect, but it was way above my expectations. Check in was great, the staff friendly, and the rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet. For such a small town, this hotel was way above my expectations. The bar/restaurant were very comfortable and had great food, drinks and great staff. Great high speed internet access worked really well, and the attached liquor store was a great convenience. The Trail airport is only 5 minutes away as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Johnnyo and Kim,

BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trail
Glenwood Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Rossland
Super 8 Castlegar BC
Super 8 Castlegar BC
#1 of 8 in Castlegar

Been to Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel? Share your experiences!