“Excellent Customer Setvice.”

Glenwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trail
“Excellent Customer Setvice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The front desk staff at the Glenwood were more than accommodating when I arrived early (10am) for a medical appointment in Trail. I asked if I could leave my vehicle at the motel, and confirmed my reservation for that evening, (I was thinking it would be too early to check in for the night). I asked the earliest I could check in and the lovely front desk staff allowed me to check in right then at 10am before my appointment. I was very happy (and surprised) I wouldn't have to do it later. The room was clean, comfortable and the king size bed was a plus!

From my experience I feel the Glenwood would be a great place to bring my young family to stay. Our kids would definitely enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool and the continental breakfast. Great value, friendly staff, I will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Valery987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kaslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We chose this motel because it has a pool and the rooms are inexpensive. It was a pleasant surprise to find the rooms recently renovated and clean and the pool warm. I also used the exercise room, which was clean and pretty well equipped. I only needed the treadmill which would have been nicer to use if it had been facing the pool instead of the wall. A TV in the exercise room would have been nice, too. However, I was just glad it was there. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The cafe was warm and provided many breakfast choices. The service was friendly and fast. Others thought so, too, as it was packed by the time we left.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Sandi H, Front Office Manager at Glenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Luckas80,
Thank you for your nice review of our motel. I’m glad that you were able to use the pool and the gym, as the pool is always a hit with the kids and the hot tub is great for a relaxing soak after a good workout. Also, thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate hearing what our guests would do differently or prefer. We look forward to having you stay with us again, Thank you.
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

If you have reason to be in Trail, British Columbia, Canada, there isn't much to choose from. The Terra Nova is a Best Western in the heart of downtown (what there is of it). It's a nice hotel too with a medium to high price range. Just up the hill outside of downtown is the Glenwood owned by the same people. Small, but very clean and comfortable. They have a pool on site and a small breakfast/lunch restaurant with good food attached to the property. Nice staff who remember you once you're in their system. Overall, I highly recommend this property.

It is on a sort of highway, but not that much traffic at night.

Room Tip: They have a nice family suite if you need more room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jfsSpokane_WA
Sandi H, Front Office Manager at Glenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I’m happy your enjoyed your stay as well as the your meal at the Glenwood Café. Our staff will make every effort to personalize our guest’s stay and make them comfortable. Thank you very much for recommending our Motel. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very nice rooms.Great comfortable beds. Reasonable pricing for Senior guests. Exceptional "beyond the call" service. The little attached restaurant has great food, reasonable pricing and awesome coffee. I highly recommend this establishment, and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: VERY comfy beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Glennie, Thank you very much for your great review of our motel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your meal at the Glenwood Cafe. We're always happy to make a guest's stay exceptional and we're pleased to help out when we can. Thank you again for taking the time to write a kind review.
Penticton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have stayed before but this time was very frustrating. We were woken up at 6 by a very rude guest who had to start his or hers Harley up and let it idle for 15 minutes before leaving. Then at 8 o clock House keeping comes to try and clean our room considering 11 o clock is check out. Very disappointed and tired!!!

Room Tip: Demand to put away from the cafe end of the motel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sandi H, Front Office Manager at Glenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest, I am really sorry that you had such a negative experience at the Glenwood Motel, I sincerely hope this apology will help restore your faith in our Motel. Please rest assured that we are taking this matter extremely seriously as we always strive for service excellence in all departments especially housekeeping. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and please know that early morning room checks are not the usual housekeeping procedures at the Glenwood. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I invite you to come back to the Glenwood so that you can have a truly relaxing stay.
Port Alberni, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Glenwood offers everything the weary traveller might need. Although I did not take advantage of the outdoor or indoor pool, I am sure after a hot day, both would be inviting. Although check in was slow, we were very happy with all the ammenites in our room, which was recently updated.The queen pillow-top bed was divine after a weary day of travelling.Bathroom fixtures were new, note to housekeeping, our room lacked a non-slip bathmat. The cosmetic ammenities were all Neutrogena, what a bonus for me. And thank you for providing Seattle's Best Coffee for the in-room coffee maker,, another bonus! We also appreciate parking our car right in front of our room as well. The upgrades I am sure are on going, perhaps small flat screen TV's are next?! Next time we are in need of a comfortable, affordable motel in the West Kootenay's, it will be the Glenwood.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Sandi H, Front Office Manager at Glenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear 1WestCoast, Thank you for such a great review of our motel. We're always looking for ways to add value to our guest's stay. We enjoy providing quality amenities be it coffee or toiletries that will make one's stay more comfortable. Yes we are continuing with our upgrades as we have recently put in new King Sized beds and new linens and duvets. Hopefully next time you stay at the Glenwood you'll be able to have a relaxing soak in the hot tub. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trail
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Hotel
The River Haus Bed and Breakfast
Ray Lyn Motel
Ray Lyn Motel
#3 of 3 in Trail

Been to Glenwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!