“Fabulous accommodation in a beautiful setting with warm and friendly staff”

Executive Suites Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great location. Our room was very comfortable. The dining room provided great service and very good and affordable food. An added bonus was the rafting company located right in the hotel. We had a superb day rafting down the river.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Joy J
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Joy J

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the Resort. We are so happy you enjoyed the room accommodation, rafting and Living Room restaurant. We hope to welcome you back really soon.

Again thanks for letting everyone know we are fabulous!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were recently on a ten day trip in Western Canada. We spent our time in places along the Vancouver-Whistler strip. Stay in Squamish and this hotel was definitely one our highlights. the hotel is situated in ideal surroundings for our taste. Quiet, modern place with amazing views and a very friendly staff. The rooms are nice, balconies are great place to relax, and bedding was comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was good and again came with breathtaking views. Tip -book the place through hotel's website, pay a little extra and get a room with mountain view. It's away from the road, very quiet and you will have heavenly time. The hotel also let us use their bikes for free and I enjoyed a nice ride in the small town of Squamish. My four year daughter still talks about this place as one of her highlights too.

Room Tip: Definitely book Mountain View room via hotels website,
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mkaslam
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your experience at the Resort and we are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and all the beautiful surroundings. I would also like to thank you for ranking us so high in your customer responses. We don't always get things perfect but we do try our very best.

Kind Regards,

Jared Sissons, General Manager.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This used to be a nice place to stay while we are in Squamish but has lost its edge. The rooms are not getting cleaned properly and ours was disgustingly dirty, the rooms numbers had been removed from the hallway so they just used a pen to write it on the wall we had to walk past a few times to find our room, unsafe in case of an emergency. We had to leave the hotel for our meals during our 3 day stay even for Sunday breakfast because the resturant was closed, they rented it out , unacceptable. Last time in Squamish we stayed at the Sea To Sky Hotel and it was
great value, lots of resturants and things to do with-in walking distance. Oh and small beds that
make for an uncomfortable sleep when used to a king.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cliff1955
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I would like to thank you for your response and I do apologize that the Room Sign door number was missing.. "ROOM 420" .. This sign seems to be a regular problem with guests stealing it as it has some other meaning and we are constantly replacing it.. I am sorry that it was missing though out your stay as we have ordered a new one. I do want to comment on your response about the restaurant. Living Room is one of the most popular restaurants in the City of Squamish and sometimes it does get booked out for special occasions such as family parties, weddings or other special events. This is a normal standard business practice of any successful restaurant to be a place for people to gather to celebrate. On this particular occasion the restaurant was hosting a celebration of life ceremony for a well respected member of our community. We are sorry if this caused you not to be able to have lunch however we had posted this information in the hotel prior to the event.

Thank you for your comment.

Regards,

Jared Sissons,
General Manager.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Very nice room but the restaurant was closed for a private event and the noise from it went on all through the night. It would have been nice if the wedding party and guests could have been all in one area so they didn't disturb everyone else in the hotel. The remote control was missing from our room and the front desk seemed unable to provide another. Internet was also down while we were there. Our entertainment options were limited with no tv, no restaurant and no internet and then our sleep interrupted several time through the night by loud wedding guests in the hall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laneybc
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time in righting this review, I would like to thank you for being honest with the Resort about your last stay with us. It seems that you had a "Couple of Glitches" though out your stay and I wanted to certainly apologize to you that your stay was not perfect. We did have a very large wedding party in the hotel and they indeed booked out the Restaurant for there Wedding reception. The majority of guests staying with us that weekend were attending the wedding, thus it was a bit noisy in the hotel. We do have our standard hours of operation in Food and Beverage Outlets of 1 am for final liquor pick up and shut down of operations which I believe were adhered to, however this might be late for some guests. Its sometimes is very difficult to keep all guests happy on occasions like this as some our here to celebrate and some are here to relax ... I will bring this up with the Restaurant Management team to watch the volume of noise coming from the restaurant on a Saturday night.

I would as well like to apologize for the missing remote in your room. I would certainly like to make this up to you, and welcome you to give me a call personally to discuss your last stay with us. I promise your next visit will be perfect! 604-815-4900

Jared Sissons,
General Manager.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I are leaving in the A.M. After a lovely 3 day stay here. Our room features a full, modern kitchen, dining table, sofa and arm chair, en suite washer-dryer, all the basic kitchen implements, a separate bedroom, terrace with table and chairs, modern bathroom, and electric fireplace- and all for $137 per night. Quiet, clean, lobby restaurant, heated indoor-outdoor pool, hot tub, ample parking- a lovely place for an extended stay and (from the looks of their competition) the ONLY place we would stay when we return. Top-of-the-line!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing East (over-looking the golf course) as this direction eliminates any noise fro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis S
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comment on the Resort and we are so happy that you and your wife had a wonderful time.. Its nice to know we are "TOP of the LINE"

Regards,

The Executive Team

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first week in September. It was a wonderful experience & the staff could not have been nicer. The room was large with a small kitchen. We spent most of our time outdoors. The hotel has complimentary bikes and we rode around the entire town of Squamish probably around 20 miles total over 2 days. There is also hiking up the mountain. On the bank of the river we saw thousands of salmon making their way up the river (exciting for a couple from Texas!)The area is known for river rafting but we ran out of time.... We will be back here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wileyluke

We are so glad that you and your husband had a wonderful time at the Hotel. It is nice to know that guests really appreciate our complimentary bike rentals. Hope to see you again soon.

Your friends at the Executive Suites.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

While I do not typically go out of my way to submit reviews of places that I have visited, Executive Suites and the wonderful staff here certainly deserve to have their fantastic service recognized. Calling in to book the reservation, I was connected to Karen at the front desk who interacts with you like you have been great friends for years. It is such a welcoming touch, especially as my sister and I were previously a little apprehensive visiting such a remote and quiet town (Squamish itself is a paradise, we know that now). The suites were warm and inviting, the area was clean and noticeably accented with amenities that are so atypical but so convenient, like stocked cutlery and plates in the kitchen, a water jug to chill in the fridge... little things to make your stay just that much smoother.

The restaurant is great, has a beautiful outdoor patio with fireplaces, and again has fantastic customer service to boot. My sister and I were served by Dan (hopefully I am not remembering the wrong name..) who was great conversation, explained the desserts in perfect detail, and put up with us gracefully as we changed our mind about whether we would sit inside or outside a number of times! All in all, I adored my stay at Executive Suites and would gladly return the next time I am on the West Coast :) In Squamish or further into Whistler, this is the place to stay!

Price guide: While we did stay in early September and prices seemed to be higher around then, we found a great groupon deal that cut the price almost in half for us for a four night stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the road are beautiful for their views of the mountains. Watching the sunset over...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Squamish
Sandman Hotel & Suites Squamish
#17 of 49 in Whistler
Legends
Legends
#15 of 49 in Whistler

Been to Executive Suites Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!