“Fantastic Howe Sound Brewing”

Howe Sound Brew Pub
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Squamish
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic Howe Sound Brewing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Reservations were made for 18 people to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday with a request to make it a memorable evening. And boy!!! Dana the manager went out of her way with decorations, music, food, service and hospitality to make it ultra special for the birthday boy and more than memorable.... I don't think he'll forget it for the next 50 years. Lorna our server made us feel so special that it was a treat to be served by her. That place has a special dish which is called HAPPINESS and the staff sure knows how to share and serve it!!! Right from the moment we entered and until we left, the evening was extremely happy and fun with all their delicious food and prize winning beers.

1 Thank AGeeKay

“A True Gem in Squamish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visited this Gem to celebrate the 50th Birthday of our friend. We left from Vancouver to celebrate his birthday especially since he likes to taste different beers. Believe me this place will not let you down either for the food or the Service (especially the service). Let me start with the service part: Our server Lorna was one of the most pleasing personalities I have had the good fortune to meet. I, myself have been in the Customer Service industry for over 35 years and I know good service with a genuine smile and from the heart when I see one. Lorna did all of that with a good sense of humour and I am 100% sure she loves what she does. The manager Dana was just as obliging, friendly and she too loves what she does.
Now to review the actual place and the food: This place was busy when we arrived and it was a good thing we had a prior booking as we were in a group of 19. Dana made sure this place was ready to accommodate us and was prepared and decorated at sharp 6:30 PM which was the time we were told it would be ready. Even with the place being busy not once were we made to feel rushed or the server standing to take our orders. When the birthday boy arrived he was brought in and the look on his face to see 16 screaming adults sing Happy Birthday was a Million $$$ experience. The manager had arranged for live singers to come in at the end of the night to sing and it was a truly a memorable experience. The food was pub food but with a difference. The wings were delicious and the nachos were freshly prepared. The burgers, fish & chips, Jambalaya we ordered we all freshly prepared and tasty.
If you do go visit this place say Hi to the lovely ladies there, and Enjoy your evening. You will be gald you came here.

“Brunch on Saturday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopped there for brunch. Had to wait at least 15 minutes before the waitress came over. We waited another 20 minutes for coffee. Evidently they were brewing a new pot! When we finally got our eggs Benedict, another 15 min, it was the wrong order. My husband kept his, but it was cold. They redid mine which took another 10 minutes, it was cold, the muffins hard. I asked for the sauce on the side and it was cold. The potatoes were also cold. It was very disappointing and I would not return for breakfast/brunch. We have been there for lunch in the past which was good. The good thing was that they gave us a break on the cost to make up for the error. Terrible service and the attitude wasn't nice after our complaints. The menu looked great, but very disappointing!

Manly, Australia
“GET MARRIED HERE! (Or atleast, stop by for a beer)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked our wedding at the Howe Sound without ever visiting the venue and we wouldn't have changed a single thing. From the first phone call to the very last person checking us out, the staff (including managers, reception, servers and bartenders) were overly accommodating, very thorough and just simply genuinely nice people. The rooms slept all of our wedding of 50 guests so we had the whole floor to ourselves. The food, not only for the buffet the day of the wedding but throughout our stay, was amazing - check out the mussels or the mac & cheese on the menu. I expected a sliced flat cake as dessert for the wedding but the pastry chef wow'd us with the display of delicant desserts. Let's not forget about the beer - they brew it in house! The Garabaldi Honey Ale is my favourite. If you are planning a small wedding for about 50-100 pax around the Squamish/Whistler/Vancouver area, then definitely stop by and have a chat with these ladies. You'll discover a unique and friendly venue without the pretentiousness and ridiculous prices. And if you're not getting married, atleast stop by for a cold craft beer and a good feed.

• Visited March 2014
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome Fish Tacos!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by these yummy fish tacos at the Brew Pub. They were super good with lovely flavours and super fresh ingredients! I'm going back for more....