“Good-sized room, reasonable value”

Mountain Retreat Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Just stayed one night. Room was clean, but really just your average motel room. Nothing flashy but bed was reasonably comfy. Room was reasonably priced for what you got. It was fine for a one night stay but wouldn't want to stay much longer. Lots of noise from the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We visited this hotel for 2 nights after being unsuccessful in securing hotel accommodation in Whistler back in June 2012. The hotel did us a great deal and we were most impressed with the quality of the rooms and the restaurant facilities. Breakfasts were everything you would expect from a great hotel. I would certainly recommend this to fellow travellers from the UK. We were in Canada for almost a month travelling through the Rockies and staying in hotels and motels and this was one of the best.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The room was very comfortable ,particularly the bed.there was a fridge and microwave which helped me maintain a healthy food diet during my stay-I am vegetarian.
The hotel is located near to shopping malls ,so I was able to purchase food and beers .
I prefer Squamish to whistler.It is less expensive,but only a short drive away.There are plenty of pubs ,restaurants and fast food outlets nearby
The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Taking my son to College out of the country was a scary but at least my hotel stay was great! The staff was friendly, room was clean and the area is beautiful. The hot tub could have been warmer but with families I guess they need to keep the temp low. Timberwolf Restaurant had great apps. which is all I was hungry for. I did not use room service however the housekeepers were very friendly in the hall.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The property was very clean-room-public areas and outside-very good value for the price-comfortable beds with quality bedding and spotless bathroom-only negative would be no breakfast offered. would stay here again

Room Tip: take room away from highway
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The hotel was average, quiet, comfortable beds, and dark room for sleeping. We forgot our swim wear so didn't get to enjoy the 2 person hot tub, pool and indoor waterslide. The restaurant next door, Timberwolf was great food. The check in lady would barely acknowledge our presence, failed to tell us about the pool, checkout times, internet access or any of the general basics that are always covered. When we came back after dinner practically rolled her eyes on our arrival and never even glanced up or in our direction. We stayed there using a Groupon...maybe Groupon customers are not actually welcome...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel. The room turned out to be spotless and roomy. We had two queen beds and still lots of room. The bathroom was also large and roomy and very clean. It was very quiet. After a bit of a wait to check in I found the attendant to be very nice. Upon checkout a different attendant was a bit brusque but efficient. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would choose a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank iamgoneagain
Travellers also viewed these Squamish hotels
Sandman Hotel & Suites Squamish
#4 of 8 in Squamish
Squamish Adventure Inn
Squamish Adventure Inn
#1 of 9 in Squamish
The Howe Sound Inn & Brewing Co.

Been to Mountain Retreat Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mountain Retreat Hotel

Address: 38922 Progress Way, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0K5, Canada (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mountain Retreat Hotel)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Squamish
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Price Range: £69 - £101 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Mountain Retreat Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mountain Retreat Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.