“Great Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Sun City
“Great Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a good stop over for one or more nights. We are traveling to Jasper so we were just there one night, but the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. We highly recommend it! We would stay here again if we were back in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife, 18 mos old son and I stayed here the weekend of the Ironman in Whistler. We were happy to get a room in the area for sure. Our room was massive. More about that in the tips to get a good room. The internet worked but not well enough for us to watch any videos which was a shame as we had lots of things we wanted to check out on youtube because of the ironman. Parking is ample and there is both outdoor and covered parking depending on what you prefer. The pool has a waterslide as well. We didn't get a chance to use it as the pool was undergoing maintenance while we were there...and the good kind that actually had people working on something not just the "closed for maintenance" sign. Rooms were clean and the staff friendly. We had a great breakfast at the attached restaurant...a nice twist on eggs benny where they used a portobello mushroom cap instead of an english muffin

Room Tip: We stayed in room 228. It was massive. According to the fire escape charts it's about twice the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Squamish, BC, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful during my stay. As we had a power outage in the region, the staff was active in walking guest to their rooms and ensuring the best comfort possible. The wi-fi sure can use some improvements. We were unable to connect from our room and had to go to the lobby for use of our computer & iPad. The pool and fitness room was good. Overall it was a good trip and would go there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alanson, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Everything in the hotel was very nice except the awful pillows. My head could not even make a dent in the pillows, and my neck was crooked at a 45 degree angle. I had to take the bathroom towels and roll them up and tuck them under my neck to sleep. If you stay here, plan on bringing your own pillows.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Diane B
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My 9 year old son and I stayed at the Best Western in late June while doing some rock climbing in Squamish. I usually do not expect much from small town hotels, but this was a very pleasant surprise. Though it was busy with a wedding party checking in, the receptionist was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Her son also gave us interesting information on Squamish and where to eat.
The room, with two Queen beds, was spacious and spotlessly clean. It looked to be recently updated. My son loved the pool, especially the waterslide. The pool was busy with vacationing families, and all the kids loved using the slide.
We ate dinner and breakfast at the attached restaurant. The prices were fair, and the food was well prepared. The waitress was excellent, and accomodated my son's dietary demands.
We would definitely stay at the Squamish Best Western again next summer, on our next climbing trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BertonU
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were looking for a hotel with a pool but we got so much more. The service was great!! Friendly and so helpful. The room was much better than expected and immaculately clean. Nice restaurant and pool with water slide. Price was really good!! Can't wait to visit again for a weekend get away.

• Stayed July 2013
Talent, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I wanted to vacation in a nice place with allot to do. This trip was that, yet my daughter and I refused to let our accommodations ruin our trip. We called the resort because we knew we were running late, we were assured we would still have our room.When we pulled up to the resort at 1 am we checked in and went to our room. we found our room was already occupied, as we woke up a very tired lady trying to open the door to our room. Maybe that was why the people at the front desk were some of the most rudest unhelpful people I have ever had to deal with. On the second day we went into the pool area and were just going to relax. The hot tub was 114 degrees. We let the front desk know. They didn't seem to think anything about it. I was worried about little children so we asked again what they were going to do about the hot tub. They finally put cones around the tub and told us we were the second people to say something and they got in trouble for not calling the repair man sooner. Third day I asked for some coffee for the room because I didn't have them clean it. They were bothered by that but gave me some. Fourth day we asked for the towels for the pool at the front desk and the same girl was more worried about her salad she didn't get with her dinner order then scraping up some towels for us. She just said they didn't have any and the pool closes at 10, it was 9:10 we had plenty of time. In the lobby there is complimentary coffee but by the second day it was tea. It was allot better then the coffee in the room(fresh beans) but nobody seemed to know how to put fresh coffee in it because when My daughter asked about it the same lady got in my daughters face. This place has a few nice people but at the front desk most are rude and lazy. They don't want to bother even being nice. I thought it was just us but I talked to a couple others and it was the same.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family