“Fantastic place and people”
Review of Zephyr Cafe

Zephyr Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Squamish
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Squamish, Canada
“Fantastic place and people”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I moved to Squamish about a year ago and the Zephyr was one of the first places I went for a coffee. Everyone was very friendly and I was never given looks or comments for setting up my computer and working for a few hours.

Coffee and food are all good but the real winner is the staff. Always a welcoming smile and something nice to say. I even have to say that this review is a bit biased now because I've since become friends with the manager, but hadn't met him until I walked into the Zephyr.

My favourite place to hang out!

Dave

• Visited June 2014

Newport, Rhode Island
“Delicious & healthy fare”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled on this place looking for breakfast one morning & part of what drew us in was how noticeably busy it was relative to other businesses in the area. I'm glad we found it. They have coffee, morning smoothies, savory breakfast foods & baked goods. The choices included gluten free, vegan, & other health conscience options. Husband & I both got a blueberry & beet smoothie- shaved raw beets with blueberry, banana, & almond milk. I would go back just for this. I ordered the standing rock (pesto on rye, topped with spinach, grilled onions, cherry tomatoes, & 2 poached eggs. Husband got a burrito & we also got an oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. From start to finish, the food was excellent, fresh, & didn't leave you feeling like a bloated whale. The food seems to have been made with care & thought and it definitely shows. Breakfast is a must at this place & I'm guessing lunch is just as good. The smoothie & cookie are 2 things I will be getting when I go back. Id like to try some of the other savory dishes. A little on the pricey side but I've always believed if the food is not only good, but also good for you, its worth it.

Vancouver, Canada
“Avoid grumpy waitress at all costs!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Terrible service from the girl with long brown hair, tattoos & a grumpy face!
Looked at me as though I was a piece of dirt when I requested less orange juice in my smoothie as I didn't want it too sweet - no helpful alternative suggestion etc.
We then waited about 20mins at our table before she dumped it on our table rudely telling me I should have gone inside and collected it myself. Sorry that I'm not a mind reader and didn't know I was to wait by the bar for it!
We then waited about 30 mins for food, my fathers chilli bowl arrived with mouldy bread.
A further 10 minutes & still no sign of our falafel wrap! I went in to find out where it was and was told 'its on it's way...'
Eventually the grumpy waitress dumped the falafel wrap on our table with absolutely no apology or explanation as to why a simple falafel wrap and bowl of chilli could take so long!
Shame as this place has a great menu and the potential to be a nice little spot for a 'quick' and healthy lunch!!

1 Thank HolHolden
Vancouver, Canada
“The breakfast rice bowl is very good.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The breakfast rice bowl is very good. Brown rice, spinach, sprouts, avocado, black beans, salsa and two eggs :-) :-)...

Squamish, Canada
“Great place for healthy eating .”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Friendly service with healthy food . Outside sitting area on the main street of Squamish , Lots of other shops close by . Open for long hours to please the customer . They sell vegan food at this cafe also . Total plus for Squamish . A must experience !

Visited January 2014