“Pop Up Breakfast & Pad Thai”

Spice Root Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Squamish
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I got the delightful experience of visiting The Spice Root while spending the weekend in Squamish for the Squamish Valley Music Festival! They decided to open for breakfast instead this year (as they are usually only open for dinner) and while it was a great experience, you can't really expect a place to have extravagant breakfast or brunch food when they don't serve it on a regular basis. What we were stoked on was that when I decided to call later and order pad Thai (even though the person who answered the phone initially said they weren't doing take out) he changed his mind and let us grab lunch! We went and picked it up, and it was delicious!! I love pad Thai so I'm usually pretty critical but it was so good. I would go back in a heart beat upon another visit to Squamish!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food was excellent (Red Curry), the veggies were fresh and not over cooked. The "heat" was just right. The hostess/server/owner? was very helpful and her question "how are your first few bites?" seemed a more caring question than usual. The premises are clean and spacious and I liked the decor. Also, fabulous website!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spice Root is one of my favourite "go-to" restaurants. There are no circumstances in life that cannot be enhanced with a bowl of their red curry, preferably with chicken, but also with beef and occasionally with salmon. They have some nice beer choices, and some great appies. I recommend the pulled pork lettuce cups. Nice to have the brown rice choice, and some truly original cocktail concoctions. Great place to have a party, with the little tatami rooms off to the left of the bar which can seat 20-40. Have had a few parties there now, and good times were had. Great place for a gathering or a quick curry bowl. Did I mention the red curry?

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went here guided by reviews left here---are you folks kidding! That was hands down the worst Thai experience
Starter wings were good --they could be included in the rating to bring it up to a one. Its supposed to be about the food not the room. Hardly recognizable Thai flavour = and way over priced for what it was.
Beware

1  Thank H N
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The perfect Thanksgiving feast ~~ Thai!!
Excellent Asian fusion, a very nice wine list, and a warm welcoming crew.
I think I have found my new home away from home when I am in Squamish.
After eating dinner there two nights in a row.....I am a huge fan, and plan to let everyone heading to Squamish in on a fabulous treat......BBush