“Comfortable weekend”

Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Squamish
Reviewed 23 January 2013

WE stayed at this hotel as we were in a Curling event in Squamish. The location to the Curling Club is fantastic - only a 2 to 3 minute drive. REstaurants and all amenities are either right next door or just a block or two away. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We had a big room with 2 queen size beds and one king. More than enough room for 4 people. We contacted front desk a few times for more towels etc. Their service was prompt and friendly. Front desk staff were great too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank florocks
There are newer reviews for Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I spent an evening there with my husband and daughter, and I'm appalled by the attitudes of the majority of the employers there! I had the displeasure of dealing with a few extremely rude people (I watched an employee walk out crying this morning), except for the two ladies keeping house who were very kind and helpful. I don't have a single nice thing to say, except that it was tidy, and there's a liquor store with acceptable pricing attached to the building. I will never ever come back, and will advise my peers to follow my example. Awful view of the roof, awful decor, awful service, all in all, not worth the high price.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a beautiful view of the roof, 3rd floor has "expensive" itchy duvets. Your p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank L S
SeatoSky_Hotel, front office supervisor at Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

We welcome all criticisms as we thrive to improve our service. We are very surprised and concerned about the complaint of "rudeness of the majority of employers" and "employees leaving crying": we are a relatively small property with few employees: the General Manager would appreciate being contacted directly on this major issue.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

At the beginning of June 2012, we stayed at the Sea to Sky while attending a weekend-long wedding near Squamish.

Staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests for early registration so we could dress for the wedding. The room was clean, very comfortable, very pleasantly decorated. Everything worked, the fridge was already cold for us, the bathroom was clean and well-furnished with towels and stuff. Best of all, even though it was Saturday, the room was quiet all night. We woke refreshed, had a cup of tea in our room, and were ready to party!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank simone c
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed there on my way to Whistler. If this had cost $50, it would be a good deal. Basically this is a glorified motel with amenities you would expect. Has a shower, AC, fridge and Wi-Fi. The onsite restaurant didn't work, and I wouldn't use the conference facilities for anyone I would want to have as a customer. So overall, this is a good overpriced place to crash if you don't feel like making it all the way to Whistler the same day.

Be warned however, that the road from Squamish to Whistler is unpredictable. Even though it looks like its only 30 minute drive, I've spend 3 hours getting there and another 2 hours going back. The road gets snowed or iced in and it takes a while for them to clean it. Or there maybe only a single lane open and if there is an accident everyone waits a while. So if you really want to ski the next day, go all the way to Whistler.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rapius
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Well it's 12.30 midnight and I've been woken up by some band playing beneath me. I'm too exhausted to complain - and what's the point. I'm guessing this is probably the only entertainment in Squamish on a Saturday night and who am I to deny the Squamishian's their night out. Maybe we should of noticed we were over a bar??? Didn't even spot it when we came in. One thing in their advantage is it's not banging club music or I'd be throttling someone right now, probably my poor sleeping husband.
Apart from this disturbance (I'll try to sleep in tomorrow and amuse myself in the meantime by writing this review and finishing the brilliant Bill Bryson book I'm currently reading) this hotel is pretty good. Reasonably priced pit stop from Whistler. Free wireless which works well. A couple of restaurants nearby and a liquor store next to the lobby. Cable TV OK. The room was clean and in good condition. I'm only giving it a low score because of the disturbance. Luckily I do not have to get up at the crack of doom tomorrow to go to Whistler mountain for the day so I can sleep in - if I did I would give it an even lower mark. Riding the mountain sleep deprived is tough. I wonder what time these Squamishian's call it a night round here???

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the bar!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mevesysufres
SeatoSky_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

We do have a few rooms located above a bar, they are not sold online but only as the last rooms and at a discounted rate at the Front desk so we can advise the guests about the location of these rooms.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

i've stay here for 3 days and for me it was a place like home...i have a very nice and clean room with the beautiful mountain views.the front desk agent are very helpful and really heartwarming.i enjoyed a lot and will comeback again......thanks a lot!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank natureloverever
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This hotel is depressing and unappealing. It is located in a strip mall and while the restaurant is no longer in business, " the liquor store is open until 11pm"... and the rooms, while large and clean are ugly. Even though we moved to the "deluxe" room, which had been recently renovated (new furniture and bathroom), the sheets blanket and bedspread looked ancient and were scratchy and unconfortable. The decor was grim. I couldn't wait to get out and move just up the road to another hotel that was just a few dollars more.

• Stayed: September 2011