“The service was so slow that I finally left”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #56 of 83 Restaurants in Sidney
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Edmonton, Canada
“The service was so slow that I finally left”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

When my Westjet flight was delayed I headed to White Spot with a $10 coupon. I was seated immediately but no one came to take my drink order or my meal order. I saw a young woman who appeared to be a waitress standing by the cash register, but I could not get her attention so I finally asked the person who had seated me to bring me some water. When she finally came over ten minutes or so later, she walked away again saying she would be back in a few minutes. I left and had dinner elsewhere. This is an airport restaurant. People don't want to linger. The food is okay and I will return, but I will leave again if I have a similar experience in the future. I have to wonder who is managing this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011

Colwood, Canada
“A Good One”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

So I was on the lower Island this week and I stopped by for dinner with a friend at the White Spot on Highway 17 just before the Swartz Bay Ferry. It is in a kind of out of the way location but it is still driveable for most. The service was prompt, the booth was fine, in all sense of the word it was a good White Spot; as good as any I have been to in many different cities.
What made the trip memorable is that, being Sidney, there were a lot of elderly people coming in and the servers seemed to know them all by name. This impressed me. Then a little old lady came in alone and sat across from us. She looked a bit down and our server must have noticed this too because even though she was not in his section he would smile and chat a second as he went by. He was a good waiter and he had a human touch to him. Then word seemed to get around and other waitresses started to pop by briefly to say hi to her.
I do not know her story. Perhaps she suffered a recent loss. I really have no idea. But I loved the way the staff, while still doing their jobs well, went out of their way to cheer this lady up.

• Visited November 2011
North Saanich, British Columbia, Canada
“Strange location but good quality family fare”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

The restaurant is located right on the highway so it is easy to get to. We have found the food to be good quality, better than just the regular family restaurant food. Service was good and the place is nice and clean. They have a number of specials that seem to be tied to themes (e.g. Thai food, international food). Prices are OK but a bit on the high side for some items.

• Visited April 2010
Victoria, Canada
“One of the best airport...”
Reviewed 9 July 2009

One of the best airport restaurants I've found, and they had me in and out in half an hour, not bad for NOT fast food.

1 Thank AllanRNorth Las Vegas