“Service so poor didn't stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ladysmith, Canada
“Service so poor didn't stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We thought we would stop for dinner after arriving on the island for a vacation. we got there at. approximately 5 p.m. and we figured it would be great, as we would have beaten the rush. When we arrived there were two other (separate) people waiting and no wait staff. My first glimpse of the wait staff was the server being hugged vigorously by some man in street clothes. He was staring at us, and I commented, are you serious? The excuse for the server hugging this man is she just got out of a staff meeting....must have been quite the stressful meeting for her to need the comfort of some one dressed in his street clothes. When she sat us, we chose a table that was just cleared, for the location, and she wiped it clean. Or should I say, she sloshed water over the table? She then tossed our flatware, napkins and menus on the very wet table. My husband asked for it to be dried and she said she would grab a handful of napkins and wipe it, and after she walked away, so did we. We continued our trip to Duncan, and went there for dinner. I casually asked the server what she thought about our previous experience, and she said the server acted inappropriately, and said she most certainly shouldn't have been hugging her coworker, street cloths or not, in a public setting. We did enjoy our dinner in Duncan, but wanted to share our experience in Sidney. We will not be going back there.

• Visited June 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Who'd A Thunk!?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

For such a busy place, service was quick and attentative. Ordered their Dessert Special which was Pumpkin Pie, expected a rubbery slice with canned whipped cream on the side, got a baked mini pie, sprinkled with Cinnamon and drizzled with Caramel. Perfect Combination, found right at YYJ Airport. Who'd A Thunk!?!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
“As far as White Spots go, this one was excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was the first place we saw when we were driving from the Airport to Victoria, so we stopped. :)
We ate here twice, once on the way to Victoria, and once when we were leaving the Island. We had 2 different servers and both were equally excellent. We really appreciated how they conscientiously assisted us in getting our picky daughter's meal just right.
The food was the same each time. Standards are being held. I think this is the best White Spot we have ever been to. I'm not usually a fan, but I really enjoyed these experiences.

Visited June 2012
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“The only game in town on a Sunday night!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We arrived in Sidney on a Sunday afternoon and on looking for a restaurant in Sidney that was open, could find none that were not 'fast-food' type places.

So we ventured out to the airport and ate at the White Spot.

We were greeted at the door by a host who turned out to be the manager. We asked for a booth. He told us we couldn't have a booth because there were only 2 of us and they needed to keep them open for larger parties. The next couple that came in after us were given a booth. They did not have anyone else join them making it a larger party.

The food was standard White Spot food - burgers and fries and were good. Service was quick and efficient. Our server was friendly and pleasant.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“The service was so slow that I finally left”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

When my Westjet flight was delayed I headed to White Spot with a $10 coupon. I was seated immediately but no one came to take my drink order or my meal order. I saw a young woman who appeared to be a waitress standing by the cash register, but I could not get her attention so I finally asked the person who had seated me to bring me some water. When she finally came over ten minutes or so later, she walked away again saying she would be back in a few minutes. I left and had dinner elsewhere. This is an airport restaurant. People don't want to linger. The food is okay and I will return, but I will leave again if I have a similar experience in the future. I have to wonder who is managing this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011