“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #61 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Red Deer, Canada
“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Everyone should try a whitespot burger at an actual whitespot restaurant, not at a gas station or on the ferry. You get a really good meal with lots of food for a reasonable price and my kids have always enjoyed the pirate meal. We have eaten a lot at this location and find that while the service can be hit and miss the food is always excellent.

• Visited August 2014

Arlington, Washington
“Worst service I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We didnt have much of choice but to pick this place since we had to catch the ferry in about and hour and half. When we first walked in it should of been a sign to walk out. We had to wait 5 minutes before anyone even said anything to us and got us a seat. Then its took about 15 minutes for anyone to ask us about drinks. We were there for over an hour and didnt even get our food. We finally had to hunt down someone to get our food to go so we could go to the ferry. Food was not good either after waiting that whole time! Worst restaurant ever and I would just avoid this place all together.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hockey1215
Vancouver, Canada
“worst white spot in the franchise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I travel a lot to and from Victoria and there are two female bartenders I've seen. One has kind of reddish hair and is really efficient and pleasant.. the other should not be working in customer service. She is slow, messes up my order, and repeatedly makes eye contact with me and then starts fiddling away with something under the counter instead of helping me. On one visit, I even tried to wave her down and she just looked at me and looked away. It took 20 minutes to order dinner at the bar. Next time I'll just eat before I get to the airport.

• Visited January 2014
Ladysmith, Canada
“Service so poor didn't stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We thought we would stop for dinner after arriving on the island for a vacation. we got there at. approximately 5 p.m. and we figured it would be great, as we would have beaten the rush. When we arrived there were two other (separate) people waiting and no wait staff. My first glimpse of the wait staff was the server being hugged vigorously by some man in street clothes. He was staring at us, and I commented, are you serious? The excuse for the server hugging this man is she just got out of a staff meeting....must have been quite the stressful meeting for her to need the comfort of some one dressed in his street clothes. When she sat us, we chose a table that was just cleared, for the location, and she wiped it clean. Or should I say, she sloshed water over the table? She then tossed our flatware, napkins and menus on the very wet table. My husband asked for it to be dried and she said she would grab a handful of napkins and wipe it, and after she walked away, so did we. We continued our trip to Duncan, and went there for dinner. I casually asked the server what she thought about our previous experience, and she said the server acted inappropriately, and said she most certainly shouldn't have been hugging her coworker, street cloths or not, in a public setting. We did enjoy our dinner in Duncan, but wanted to share our experience in Sidney. We will not be going back there.

• Visited June 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Who'd A Thunk!?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

For such a busy place, service was quick and attentative. Ordered their Dessert Special which was Pumpkin Pie, expected a rubbery slice with canned whipped cream on the side, got a baked mini pie, sprinkled with Cinnamon and drizzled with Caramel. Perfect Combination, found right at YYJ Airport. Who'd A Thunk!?!

• Visited December 2012