A Paddle in the Park Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Sidney
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak rental tour gulf island Victoria bc Vancouver island
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The owner very graciously let us postpone our first reservation and accommodated us today even though there was just my husband and I. We were groupon users. We enjoyed our tour immensely, a perfect four hours of paddling in calm waters seeing birds, seals, interesting rocks, homes, islands, found some sea glass on the shell beach where we enjoyed our picnic lunch. Melissa was an encyclopedia of interesting local information on the flora and fauna and locals. I was impressed with the consideration for our comfort, safety and enjoyment. This tour is excellent value even without a groupon coupon and I will use the services of this paddling company again.

3  Thank Meri S

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The scenery is beautiful and guides are fantastic. This is a definite must do when visiting Vancouver Island.

2  Thank JMabbott
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After making our reservation online on the companies website we printed off the directions which directed is to Dock E. We waited at the dock for 2.5 hours. We also wandered around the marina looking for someone who would let us know if they had moved. After reading other reviews on groupon stating their trips had been cancelled with little to no notice we decided to leave. Half an hour after hour reservation we got a call from an employee asking if we were still planning on coming. I explained that we had been waiting at Dock E for a few hours but did not see them. She then told me they had moved to Dock A and did not apologize for having the wrong directions on the website. We did go back and had a very quick tour. It felt a bit rushed and we were not out there for the 3 hours we had paid for. I see the website is now I updated which is nice but it would have been nice to know that when I made the reservation...I would not go back.

2  Thank Paddler23
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Groupon reservation canceled by company evening prior, as "not enough people". Called to rebook and to explain that I was leaving in a week and would like some idea of when, in their experience, would be the best time to ensure they would have "enough people" so I could use my Groupon. I was rudely informed to just keep trying and if I had a problem with that take it up with Groupon! Very rude, disinterested and dismissive. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

2  Thank Linda S
kayak_girls, Owner at A Paddle in the Park Kayaking, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

I apologies, there was no rudeness intended. We reviewed are bookings and tried to find a booking you could be added to. Unfortunately we were not successful. This is not a common problem, but that week in question was very slow in bookings. Though the deal may expire, the value you paid for the groupon does not, so in the future, if you can use it, please do. I would advise anyone who is booking a promotional tour through groupon to please carefully review the terms and conditions. The availability of the tours is dependent upon other groupon users. As such, if the available dates that you can go out are very limited, this is likely not a good option for you. We were not trying to pass the buck, but suggested inquiring with groupon for a refund because we only receive half of what you pay, and thus were only in a position to refund 50% of your cost.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My dream of a Victoria vacation included a kayaking trip, and I tried for some time to arrange it. Kayaking tours do not yet seem to be as popular here as in some tourist destinations, and these people do not run as polished an operation as others I've encountered. They're running this business as a part-time venture, for the love of it! After finally making the arrangements in person, we had the most exciting kayaking outing ever. Our guide was reassuring for two seniors with limited experience and he knew where to look for the wildlife. We saw lots of seals, various birds, glorious scenery, and the most awesome group of transient orcas, dining on seals!. Totally by surprise, and so close that I don't expect anyone to believe us! Kayaking here really was a dream come true. I wish these folks the best of luck, and hope they keep at it. I would love to go back!

4  Thank Candace H