“A kayak company that lacks customer service”

A Paddle in the Park Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Sidney
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak rental tour gulf island Victoria bc Vancouver island
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Upon our arrival, the owner told us to grab a boat and hardly even turned around to greet us – she didn’t even introduce herself. There was no instruction given about how to use the boat or what to what to do if we capsized, my boat didn’t have the proper safety gear (ie: kayak bilge pump). We paid for a 4 hour trip and were taken out for 3. We took a very long time to get to a nearby beach where we sat for 30 minutes. We didn’t explore or see anything interesting. From the lack of social skills of our guide, I got the feeling it was a burdon taking us out. I have had much more professional and enjoyable rental experiences than this one and would not recommend Paddle in the Park.

1  Thank Meesha P

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A big thank you to our amazing tour guide Marcus!! As first time kayakers out in the ocean my partner and I were a little nervous but only until we met Marcus and he put us right at ease. He was very knowledgable and we knew right away that he absolutely loves what he does. We enjoyed an amazing 4 hour tour where we explored a few beaches and shared many stories, I would do this tour again in a heart beat with Marcus.
Thanks again,
Danielle & Cole
Victoria, BC

2  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Marcus took us out on a four hour tour. We had a blast. The other part of our tour didn't like kayaking so he took them back early. When he returned he extended our trip. He really seemed to love kayaking and showing us the beautiful area. He made this a must do activity while in the Victoria area!

3  Thank Yholu
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we had an amazing afternoon on the water. Would definitely return for another trip! Not sure why there are reviews stating rude or poor service. We didn't experience any of that! If you want to go kayaking in the Sidney area you should go here!

3  Thank TonyO86
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The owner very graciously let us postpone our first reservation and accommodated us today even though there was just my husband and I. We were groupon users. We enjoyed our tour immensely, a perfect four hours of paddling in calm waters seeing birds, seals, interesting rocks, homes, islands, found some sea glass on the shell beach where we enjoyed our picnic lunch. Melissa was an encyclopedia of interesting local information on the flora and fauna and locals. I was impressed with the consideration for our comfort, safety and enjoyment. This tour is excellent value even without a groupon coupon and I will use the services of this paddling company again.

3  Thank Meri S