“Seaside hotel - has everything you need”

and 1 more site!
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel and was happy with everything .
Really clean, great staff, rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Located close to restaurants, coffee shops,shopping on Beacon Street and walks along the sea.
Decently priced- I have originally planned to stay across the road at the more expensive Sidney Pier, where I have stayed before, but there were only suites left and few rooms with views for a single business traveller.

The Sidney Waterfront has suites in the main building, but I liked very much my comfortable single in the other building with a small patio .

Everything worked well and the Pub restaurant adjoining, had just great food and a seaside patio.

I have high standards for accommodation, and felt this had everything necessary for a comfortable and cosy stay.

Room Tip: Sea side rooms on the lower floor do have the parking lot between them and the sea, but not serious...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The first thing to know is that there are 2 buildings side-by-side, and they are not the same. Take a look at their website and you will see. The standard rooms are in the "Waterfront Inn and Suites," which is an older facility that doesn't have the character of the inn. But it was recently renovated, perfectly clean, and very comfortable, for a reasonable price. The spa is actually next to the main inn. If you are looking for luxury accommodations the standard rooms will not give you that, but if you are looking for a quiet place to stay with a terrific location for a reasonable price, it's terrific. The people at the front desk are very helpful. I was chatting with a local and she asked me where I was staying. When I told her, she said the Waterfront Inn and Suites was the "best kept secret in Sidney.". Oh, yes. I don't work out at hotels so this wasn't important to me, but their "fitness center" is a small room with one treadmill and a few hand weights.

I fell in love with Sidney. The people were lovely, the food was great, and I enjoyed being by the water.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms do have a sea view, but you look across a small parking lot. But still, I am gla...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a real find. First of all, it's dog friendly. It's also perfectly situated on a lovely seawall walk, and within walking distance of all the stores and restaurants you'd want. It's an older Inn, but our room was clean and recently renovated. There are some very thoughtful touches. The new shower is a "wand" kind, and there two anchors on the wall - one for the tall and one for the less-tall. There is a sturdy locking mechanism on the sliding door so you can safely let some fresh air in overnight. The staff have been friendly and helpful.

Our rate is very good - I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tripsterVancouver_Bc
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here in Feb 2012 while visiting family in Sidney. We had the cannery Suite which had a fantastic view of the ocean and was just above the restaurant where there was live music that we listened to while sitting on the balcony. It seemed very magical for February on Vancouver Island. It is lovely to be able to walk to all the shops around the water front. The suite was very lovely with a large jetted tub. I ended up sleeping on the murphy bed as my 4 year old was with us and she did not want to sleep alone and it was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We picked up a vessel from Sidney and had to stay an extra day to do some minor repairs. Found this place last minute, got a great rate, and it was walking distance to dock. Very nice place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here to make sure we were close to the airport as my husband was flying to Mexico early the next morning. We had a room on the ground floor with an ocean view and a small balcony. There was a seafront walkway giving us access to a pier where we walked as the sun went down.
The room was very clean and nice. A bonus was the small breakfast to take to our room. When we got up to go to the airport at 4 AM, we warmed up the quesadillas and had them with sliced apples and some coffee so we would have a bit of something in our stomachs. There was juice as well.
The hotel was close to a number of restaurants. There is a spa associated with the hotel and we were given a discount coupon but did not have time to go to the spa.We walked a few blocks to the small local movie theatre instead.
The staff were friendly,helpful, and efficient. The price was affordable and we felt it was good value.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having the ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I was on a business trip in Sidney area and tried this hotel for the first time. I have to say I was very pleasantly suprised with with this facility, which was ideally located at the quiet waterfront area with great locations for dinner,breakfast and shopping.
The room was clean and seemed newly renovated and the price point at this time of the year was excellent. I would like to recommend this hotel and location to any travellers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#37 of 49 in Victoria
Victoria Airport Travelodge

Been to Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!