“Great waterfront hotel”

Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the harbor with awesome views all the way to Mount Baker in Washington. The room was in the Cannery Building which is an upgrade over the regular building, although those rooms also face the harbor.

The room was modern, extremely clean and designed in good taste.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They responded to our every request and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

The location provides an easy walk to all the restaurants and shops in town as well as to the waterfront area and a 1.5 mile walk along the ocean.

We spent a lot of time sitting on our balcony watching the ocean and the activity on the waterfront.

I would heartily reccommend this hotel and specifically suggest the rooms in the Cannery Building.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gregoryisland

Reviewed 5 April 2007

I live in Victoira, BC. I am a single mom, a widow, actually, and I am one of those 'sandwich generation' people. I work full time, I have three kids, my parents are in their 80's and I am the only family in town, so I run their erands for them, take them to dinner and all that. Then there is running and caring for my home, doing the laundry, housework, all that jazz. So, my life is very hectic and stressful and I decided I needed to get away by myself - just for a night and a day. I thought about flying to a tropical place and just lazing on a beach - but I knew I would spend that time feeling guilty about not taking any of them with me - and stressing about all of the things that need to be done at home.

So, I decided at the least, that I should visit a spa for a day and get some pampering. So I looked in the yellow pages, and I found a terrific spa. I called them up to book a spa-day for myself. Then I found out the spa was in a hotel that I had not heard of, the Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, so I called them and booked a room for the next night.

After I took my Mom out for lunch, I took my backpack and hopped on one of Victoria's double decker buses and went out to Sidney for the night, which is only about 20 minutes away, but still, I was by myself for the night.

I checked into the hotel and right away, I felt a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is fairly small, and the room I had was on the 'water side' of the hotel, on the second floor. The room, itself, was a fairly standard hotel room with two queen beds, complimentary coffee. The tv was quite new - one of those thin monitors (I can't remember what they are called), and it had a DVD player built into the tv at the back. You can tell the hotel has been recently renovated and everything is new, and you can feel that the place is very clean. It feels like a family business, and I really like that. I sat on my private deck and watched the ocean and the islands for a while. Then I unpacked the few things I brought with me for my overnighter and noticed that I had forgotten my hairbrush. The gal at the front desk found one for me quickly, so that was fine. I really felt that she had gone out of her way for me.

I went for a walk along the sea-wall and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. The sea-wall has park benches fairly close to each other, and when I decided to stop to read my book for a while, I sat there and read, then watched the water, then read some more. It was terrific! And right here in my own back yard!! I had a nice dinner in a seafood restaurant (fabulous seafood chowder!), then walked the sea-wall some more on my way back to the hotel.

Before I went back into the hotel, I went across the street to the grocery store to grab some orange juice and a muffin for my breakfast. I ended up buying a hairbrush and the juice but forgot my muffin.

I went back to my room, sat on my deck drinking some of the juice and enjoyed the view. I turned the tv around so I could catch the Amazing Race while still sitting out on the deck. Then I read some more and crashed.

In the morning, after my shower, I went to leave my room to go back to the grocery store to get that muffin, and there, outside my door, was a plastic container about 8 inches by 12 inches, with a lid. More containers were outside several other doors down the hall. What a nice surprise, that inside the container, I found a carrot muffin, a raisin scone, some yogurt, an apple (my favourite kind, even!), and a small container of orange juice! It was such a perfect touch to a great experience at the hotel.

And then there was the hotel's spa!! I had a 75 minute full-body massage, a premium manicure, and a premium pedicure. The chair they had me sit in for the pedicure was an amazing experience in itself! It felt like someone rolling their fists up and down my spine! It was so relaxing - I felt like a wet noodle when my oldest daughter came to pick me up! I honestly felt so relaxed that I felt that I would have been an impaired driver, if I had driven the car home!

So, my goal of rest and relaxation was met with flying colours!
And I didn't have to take a whole week in a tropical place to achieve my goal. I will definitely do this again, and I whole-heartedly recommend this experience!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
8  Thank Zoe9910
Reviewed 28 March 2007

Spent a night here on a busines trip and found it to be a nice place to stay and I will stay again. I stayed in a basic room but the new suites are beautiful. Great location, grocery store across the street,restaurant a few steps away and you are right down at the water.
Short walk to marinas and seaside walk etc.
And the small town is right there
Very convenient
Not a grand resort but good accommodations

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank islandrockin
Reviewed 29 September 2006

We were disappointed in this Inn, given the accolades from other reviewers. Although nothing was unbearable, the hotel was just average. The biggest problems were the "mean spirited" attitude of the front desk (we observed them talking to a couple who were not staying there, but were asking directions), the noise from the airport, and the poor quality breakfast. Our room was a "standard" one, and was just that....standard. The deluxe rooms looked much nicer, but were a bit spendy for our budget.
Judith Bowers
Portland, Oregon

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank ocotillo
Reviewed 15 April 2006

Had a wonderful time staying in the Sidney Hotel's new deluxe waterfront rooms. The rooms were large and nicely decorated with a fireplace and kitchen. Beds were very comfortable.
Enjoyed the ocean view, shopping in all the shops, and walking along the ocean walkway.
Took advantage of the great spa that is located right in the hotel.
Breakfast was at the door when we awoke - including freshly baked muffins.
Couldn't have asked for a better getaway - plan on staying there again and will recommend it to friends.

This was a girls getaway weekend but we will return to enjoy it with the men in our lives.

Victoria, B.C.

Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank patjh2017
Reviewed 23 November 2005

We stayed in a deluxe room with a kitchen in the new part of the hotel. The room, kitchenette, furnishings, view, bathroom, etc... everything about this room was OUTSTANDING except one thing.
In the bathroom there is a wonderful stand alone shower and an enormous soaker tub, BUT so you can see the ocean while soaking, there is a large hole cut out of the wall beside the tub and toilet. The ONLY thing to offer any privacy while using the facilities, to put it politely, is a roll down shade. Also, the tub and this hole is right beside the bed so there is really no privacy even in the middle of the night. So if this doesn't bother you, then you will love this room! I personally, as well as my husband, like our privacy while using the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank ILuvHotels
Reviewed 16 August 2005

My family of 4 stayed here one night as we toured the Gulf Islands. The hotel is 5 minutes walking distance from the marina, very handy. The location is also handy to all of Beacon street and its numerous book stores, antique shops and cute boutiques. The hotel is older, and slipping a bit on maintenance details. However, the room was clean and big enough, and the linens were new. Avoid rooms on the ground floor, as the parking lot is the major view, and privacy is a problem if you prefer the drapes open. Also, major construction is going on nearby AND airplanes leaving Victoria fly right overhead.....so if you're sensitive to city noise, bring ear plugs. Nights were very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank Restless_in_Seattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#37 of 49 in Victoria
Victoria Airport Travelodge

Been to Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!