Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
US$156
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$125
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$83
US$265
US$257
Hotels.com
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$185
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$159
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfastcannery buildingocean viewroom was cleanno elevatorsecond floornice balconygrocery store right across the streetmount bakerolder buildingsitting on the balconybeacon landingfront desk staffwithin walking distancesea wallgas fireplace
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This was my third stay at Sidney Waterfront Inn - all for only 1 or 2 days. I haven't stayed in the older part, but the Cannery building is fabulous! The bathroom has both a walk-in shower and a big jetted tub from which you can see the ocean! I love the little balcony and have spent some of each stay there wrapped up in a blanket enjoying tea and a good book from a deck chair. It was totally quiet and peaceful. The new flat screen TV's have a built-in DVD player, so I was able to watch a movie in bed with the fireplace on - so cozy. My room had a king-size bed and a queen-size hide-a-bed along with kitchen, fireplace, table & chairs, and coffee table. The included breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was healthy and adequate (juice, fruit, frozen breakfast quesadilla).

The staff was quite helpful and let me in early (1:00 p.m.) so I was able to enjoy my full day there. Dinner in the restaurant below was very nice - staff were very accomodating with my food allergy.

The Spa is genuinely terrific! They have won many awards and deservedly so. I splurged on a massage (make sure to book ahead) that was a great start to my little getaway on the Island.

All in all, a great place to relax, enjoy the seaview and get away from it all!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Flute_Teacher
Reviewed 3 March 2010

From the internet you might suspect this a charming waterside hostel. In fact my impression is that is is right out of the 60's with a lame attempt to update. I asked for a "quiet room" and was assigned one right at the top of the stairs, across from the vending room and my balcony facing the restaraunt enterance! The room is dated as is the whole property. There is a parking lot between the rooms and the water so don't expect to head out of your room and wiggle toes in sand. Now for the best part. They advertise "breakfast" as part of the deal. "Breakfast" is found in your room refrigerator and consists of a carton of juice, one apple and a strange looking item in the freezer allegedly a quesadilla. Maybe it magically transforms in the nuker but I was not going to take the risk, instead walking a block to the local bakery for a mouth watering fritter. This place might have rocked in its heyday but now best avoided for better values elsewhere in Sidney.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ProMetalSales
Reviewed 17 January 2010

The staff are great, very friendly and very helpful. I had an oceanfront standard room and was not disappointed. The room looked like it had recently been refurbished, with a very new and nice bathroom. The room was very spacious and included a dining table and a small sofa from which you could look out the balcony window to the sea. The location is great -- in walking distance of restaurants and coffee shops. A large grocery store is right across the street, and a nearby bus stop that will take you into Victoria. The room includes breakfast -- but it really is not much -- a juice box and a frozen english muffin type sandwich that you need to heat up in the microwave.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maldivesod
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We had booked into a room in the older building, but received a free upgrade to a suite in the cannery building. The room was fantastic. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, large sitting area. My only complaint was that the room we had was a little noisy. It sounded like some kind of machinery was running constantly. Wasn't a bother during the day, but kept us up a bit at night. Also, the free breakfast quesadilla was not impressive.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gahram
Reviewed 20 June 2009

I can't say what the rooms in the older building of the hotel are like, but the newer rooms in the cannery are absolutely great! Very well equipped, with all the kitchen accessories you might want. Great view, comfy beds. I only wish we could stay longer...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple