Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
US$156
Beacon Inn at Sidney(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$165
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$125
The Latch Inn(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$190
Belle Maison Aupres De La Mer B&B(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssmitty's restaurantrestaurant next doorattached restaurantclose to the airportvictoria airportwithin walking distanceconvenient locationthe main streetroom was largefront desk staffhotel guestsexcellent hotelbeds were very comfortablequeen bedwould stay here againbutchart gardenscoffee machine
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I disagree with the previous reviewer who was not happy with her check-in experience. I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the years, and I've never had a poor check-in experience. Quite the contrary. There is very little turnover with the staff, as the same people are there, year after year. I find them to be extremely helpful and polite.

This property is always upgrading their rooms, and it's rare that you'll find a cleaner, more inviting lobby. Most rooms have a little area with a bar sink, fridge, microwave and a counter. Bathrooms are spotless.

This hotel doesn't offer a free breakfast but it is attached to Smitty's restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nogobev
John S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Home away from Home, that is what we strive to provide, thank you and we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

The location was very suitable to our travel plans. Ex :Safeway and Scotiabank close by.
Excellent Bus service, close to the Victoria International Airport.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sergelafrance
mngr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel in Sidney-by-the-Sea! We here at the Best Western Emerald Isle are dedicated to providing only the best possible service for all of our Guests. We are pleased to know the location and amenities of our seaside town worked out so conveniently for you and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Thaylin Parrish
Best Western Emerald Isle

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I booked an anniverary vacation on Vancouver Island over 1 1/2 months ago with almost all the hotels being Best Westerns. I had told them it was for our anniversay and when we arrived in Sidney the front desk was less than friendly with one of them asking me rudely if I was by myself in the room and I said no I was with my husband. I had never been asked that ever and I should have said something anyway we got a room with no view - just the rainy roof arch of the front entrance. We didn't say anything since it was only for one night but their rudeness andlack of care when they knew it was for our anniversary upset me.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melina56

Thank you for your comments, we apologize for any inconveniences caused and hope we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way back from Mexico, and so did my parents. They had to see what kind of bed they had slept on, as it was wonderful. They went straight home & bought that bed from sleep country, and we did the next week. WOW!! Best sleep of our life!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ajaikman

Thank you for staying with us, hurray back.

Reviewed 21 August 2010

The hotel is conveniently located from Victoria International Airport. It is extremely clean and the staff are pleasant. The beds are super comfortable and so a good nights rest is a given.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MomfromCalifornia
mngr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Emerald Isle, with regards to your recent stay at our property. We are pleased to know we are making the right choices with new beds and linen packages - we do hear frequently how comfortable our beds are!

Your feedback is so very appreciated. I can assure you that my Staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our Guests.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 250-656-4441. We are also grateful for referrals to your family and friends and will take great care of all who come through our doors!

We hope to see you again soon.

Thaylin Parrish