“Gorgeous setting!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Sidney, Canada
“Gorgeous setting!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Today was our first dining experience at the Deep Cove Chalet. We had read a number of Trip Advisor reviews, and were cautious about trying it. But after entering the restaurant, all our reservations - and the niggling reviews we had read! - were swept aside. The setting, with beautifully manicured gardens facing the lovely cove, is stunning, and the restaurant itself, elegantly appointed with crisp linens, fresh flower centrepieces, and sophisticated table settings is very inviting. We were welcomed in friendly fashion by the owner, seated by the window, then presented with a wide-ranging and varied menu as well as an expansive wine list. In timely fashion, our food and wine arrived and we found everything to be most tastefully presented on hot plates and nicely cooked. We can only imagine that, with everything this restaurant has to offer, it would be a spectacular venue for a special occasion such as a wedding. As we enjoyed our meal (and the desserts get rave reviews!), we were already planning our next visit!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank EvelDuns

Victoria, Canada
“My 'Go-To' restaurant”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am a Victoria resident and have had the privilege of dining at the Chalet numerous times over the past 25 years or so. It is my 'go-to' restaurant; the one I 'go to' if I have something to celebrate, and the one to 'go to' if friends are in town visiting. The water view is spectacular, the staff courteous and ever-so-helpful, and the food is superb. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, with formal dress visitors rubbing shoulders with jeans-and-loafers locals. Table settings are classically beautiful, and many menu items are locally sourced; add to that *THE* best wine and liquor list! I will say this is probably not the place to visit if you follow a 'fad' diet, or wish to pinch pennies; the Chalet is an experience to be savoured and lingered over (but do bring a sense of humour for Pierre, and prepare to be welcomed by the resident Golden Retriever). Lastly - I am NOT 'family', nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for writing this review. The Chalet is the best - period - and I look forward to many more visits in the years to come.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank tsarshadow
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was not my first time at this restaurant and it will not be my last time. I have always enjoyed the food and ambiance of this restaurant. This time around we brought a couple with us who had never been there and the were just amazed at the food and beautiful view. We came in and were greeted by Bev and her lovely dog. Seated right away at a table looking at the water. The flower arrangements which are all done by Bev are just magnificent. She is a lovely lady. My husband and I had the all inclusive. You better have a large appetite for this as there is lots of good food. I had the the chowder and salad followed by the rack of lamb. The dessert was chocolate cake which I could not fit in but my husband said it was great. He had the pepper steak which he said was wonderful. Our friends had the duck and sable fish which they raved about. This has to be one of the best restaurants in Sidney B.C. This dinner was to celebrate my birthday but you don't need an excuse to enjoy eating here. The restaurant is a little out of the way but once you have been there, it is easy to find. They also do lunch. It is a bit pricey but worth every dollar. Go and enjoy this marvelous place.

• Visited March 2014
Sidney, Canada
“The best restaurant on the peninsula”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Certainly The Chalet is the best restaurant on the peninsula. No doubt it is also the most expensive but is excellent value for the money and is the place to take your special guests for special occasions..
My wife and I have been there half a dozen times for birthdays or other celebrations and enjoyed it each time. It has that special ambience that makes a great restaurant great. A warm welcome and lovely table settings with lots of room between the tables. Dark wood and soft candlelight make the crystal sparkle and put you in the mood for a romantic evening.
The food is wonderful. It has a wide menu and everything I have tried has been delightfully cooked. The wine list is long and you can choose some very special vintages. But there is a great selection of more moderately priced wines as well

And all of this is graciously served by the knowledgeable staff.

The setting, by the water on the Saanich Inlet is particularly pleasant in the summer. But the place is also warm and welcoming in winter.

It is highly recommended

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alistair80
Vancouver Island
“Victoria's best kept secret.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Deep Cove Chalet is the place to go if you want a superb meal, lovely but understated surroundings and a meal that will leave you feeling you have truly dined in the best French style under the auspices of Pierre Koffel and his wife Beverly. Everything I have ever eaten there has been excellent, perfectly cooked and delicious. The grilled Dover Sole is my favourite and the Lobster close behind. We are currently out of town travelling but look forward to our treat when we return. The Restaurant is situated on the water's edge and somewhat out of town, so best accessed by your own vehicle or Taxi if you intend to include some of the great wine selection with your meal. Whatever you choose from the extensive menu you will not be disappointed. The service is friendly but not obtrusive. You will get excellence reflected in your bill as you are paying for quality and may wish to keep this experience for a special occassion, however we seem to keep finding excuses for going. I have no fear of saying this restaurant is one of the best I have ever been to and we have it right on our doorstep.

• Visited December 2013