“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Deep Cove Chalet

Deep Cove Chalet
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Canadian
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Saanich, BC
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had mixed feelings visiting the Deep Cove Chalet for our Anniversary dinner, especially after reading some of the comments here. But the experience was excellent. Beautifully presented food in a beautiful setting. The service was excellent, The food superb. This is not a casual restaurant. True, many of the diners were older (including ourselves), certainly not one I would take children to, and it is expensive (but you get what you pay for). I would describe the atmosphere as "country club casual". If you want to have a superb dining experience in a beautiful setting I definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Trixie61

Victoria, Canada
“Excellent food and gorgeous view!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

At the chalet you feel like home. Delicious food and a wonderful staff! I've had the best crepes suzette ever! If you want to enjoy a stunning view while eating, well then go to Pierre's wonderful Restaurant! Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Canadianspirit_82
ESQUIMALT
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Exceptional experience from start to finish! Excellent service staff, attentive and intuitive about service in a setting where guests are looking to savor the scenery as well as the food. Elegant presentation for every course..from the butter "flowers"'to the martini gibsons, the herring and the terrine just to start..the rabbit served as an entree, comes with the full serving kept warm in an accompanying copper pot...the veal special met the high standard as well for taste and balance. and what a treat to see Sabayon on the dessert menu and actually receive the real deal and not some packaged imitation!

It is pricey but I have to say we now have the perfect place to bring our myriad of visitors to celebrate special occasions!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank b4i4gt
Sidney, Canada
“Gorgeous setting!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Today was our first dining experience at the Deep Cove Chalet. We had read a number of Trip Advisor reviews, and were cautious about trying it. But after entering the restaurant, all our reservations - and the niggling reviews we had read! - were swept aside. The setting, with beautifully manicured gardens facing the lovely cove, is stunning, and the restaurant itself, elegantly appointed with crisp linens, fresh flower centrepieces, and sophisticated table settings is very inviting. We were welcomed in friendly fashion by the owner, seated by the window, then presented with a wide-ranging and varied menu as well as an expansive wine list. In timely fashion, our food and wine arrived and we found everything to be most tastefully presented on hot plates and nicely cooked. We can only imagine that, with everything this restaurant has to offer, it would be a spectacular venue for a special occasion such as a wedding. As we enjoyed our meal (and the desserts get rave reviews!), we were already planning our next visit!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank EvelDuns
Victoria, Canada
“My 'Go-To' restaurant”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am a Victoria resident and have had the privilege of dining at the Chalet numerous times over the past 25 years or so. It is my 'go-to' restaurant; the one I 'go to' if I have something to celebrate, and the one to 'go to' if friends are in town visiting. The water view is spectacular, the staff courteous and ever-so-helpful, and the food is superb. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, with formal dress visitors rubbing shoulders with jeans-and-loafers locals. Table settings are classically beautiful, and many menu items are locally sourced; add to that *THE* best wine and liquor list! I will say this is probably not the place to visit if you follow a 'fad' diet, or wish to pinch pennies; the Chalet is an experience to be savoured and lingered over (but do bring a sense of humour for Pierre, and prepare to be welcomed by the resident Golden Retriever). Lastly - I am NOT 'family', nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for writing this review. The Chalet is the best - period - and I look forward to many more visits in the years to come.

• Visited March 2014