THE TOWN: Sidney is a beautiful area, with great shops, a million bookstores and great views.
THE HOTEL: About the only good thing about this hotel was the raisin bread for the continental breakfast.
RENOVATIONS? Even though some of the rooms had been re-done and an addition has been added on (apparently) the rooms were horrible. The non-smoking rooms stunk like smoke - it was apparent that the blankets, bed covers and curtains had not been cleaned forever. There was a presence of cleaning staff and I don't think that it was the daily cleaning that was the problem - mind you, they didn't re-fill the toilet paper even though we ran out - it appeared that this hotel needs a good old-fashioned scrubbing. There is an overall feeling of uncleanliness of the hotel.
- Walls in this hotel seem to be extra thin - we could hear the guy next door snoring!! We could clearly hear conversations in both rooms adjoining ours. When walking down the hall late at night, we could hear the televisions.
- There were 5 of us in our room and were visiting and apparently we were too loud one evening around midnight, our next door neighbor complained about us and the hotel staff threatened us that we would be charged with our neighbor’s hotel stay.
ORGANIZATION: Just wondering why the hotel asks you for the purpose of your stay - apparently the people who were next to us had a 5am wake up call, they were there to catch an early flight - when we booked we told them it was for a girls baseball tournament - why would they put the two of us next o each other - I think if they could have put the early risers next to other early risers everyone involved would have had a better (not cleaner) stay.
There is an adjoining pub to this hotel, we had no problems with noise from the pub
Do yourself a favor ~ stay somewhere else
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the main street of Sidney, just minutes from the Victoria Int. Airport and the main BC Ferry Terminal with free shuttle service to both. All our rooms have fridges & microwaves or we have kitchenette rooms for long term stays as well as pet friendly rooms. And please enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast and seasonal outdoor heated pool while staying with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Victoria Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Sidney
- Travel Lodge Sidney
- Sidney Travelodge
- Sidney Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Hotel Victoria Airport