“Nice spot for food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haro's Rest. & Bar In Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa

Haro's Rest. & Bar In Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mississauga, Canada
“Nice spot for food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had lunch on the patio and it was lovely. The service was very nice and no issues at all. Food was great and met my expectations. The inside of the restaurant was nice looking and the spa looked nice attached as well. Great concept to have a spa and full entertainment restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Halifax, Canada
“fabulous dinner on the waterfront”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

service was fantastic and the food was delightful . I had the filet and it was one of the best I have had. The restaurant and lounge is spacious so it is not too loud and make conversations easy. If you are a guest at the hotel check to see if you qualify for a 15% discount with a vip card.

Visited July 2014
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Money is not everything folks .....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I used to go to a Hotel restaurant in Calgary to eat, as my friends worked there, the food was a bit more expensive plus was not oversized as so many meal portions are nowadays but the taste of the food was great .... this is how Haro's is to me.

The staff are very friendly , always professional, plus are dressed/groomed impeccably like you would expect in a restaurant with this ultra modern design.

There is a great selection of food, wine , spirits , etc , plus part of the restaurant is considered a lounge so if one is looking for drinks & few light snacks it works too.

My favorite 2 things about this restaurant besides the young professional staff of course, is the Seafood chowder soup, & that they actually serve food HOT !!! ... sorry but far too many food establishments do not serve food this way, instead often depending on the "hot lamps" keeping food appropriate temperature ... NOT !

My only 2 comments is that it can be a bit noisy during popular times such as Friday & Saturday nights but to be expected however it is because of the lack of noise dampening design by our architectural friends ... you know form over function .... I mean I love the actual ambiance of location not to mention the views of the Oceanside and well coiffed outside landscaping ... Did I mention that they have a great outdoor patio like all Van-Island eateries should have ??? My other suggestion is a common concern for many establishments is lack of choice and expense $$$ of desserts .... i.e. I was at a White Spot restaurant recently and they were promoting a $7 plus tax piece of pie ... really .... anyway it would be nice to see some smaller portion desserts for us that are Needing to watch their health under $5 that 2 could share over a drink or coffee ... but I have tried number of things at Haro's ... all good , plus check out there great daily specials during the week ... oh one last thing as Columbo used to say make reservations for peak times, you will need to call thru the Hotel then be transferred to Haro's ... if you get the voicemail be sure to leave a message along with time, number of people in party, etc you want and the staff WILL get back to the number as soon as they can .... enough give it a try folks ....

Cheers,

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve N
Reid A, Manager at Haro's Rest. & Bar In Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are always delighted to hear that our guests are happy and enjoy coming in for a variety of reasons, from our wonderful team to our delicious seafood chowder! You brought up an excellent point regarding desserts nowadays. We will certainly consider a smaller and/or lighter dessert option for our guests wanting a little something sweet to finish off dinner. For guests wanting to make reservations, we do have a direct line that we can be reached at: 250-655-9700 Please do leave a message if you don't get through on the first time, and as mentioned, we will certainly return your call!
Victoria, Canada
“So-so service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Service was slow and food so-so. Not a great evening despite positive reviews we'd read - slow service, food took a long time to come out, had an issue with my food; no apology given, just my food taken away and replaced (without acknowledgement) 10-15mins later

Visited July 2014
2 Thank OzzyWadsy
Thank you for your review and for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your service and food were slow on the evening that you joined us and furthermore that there was a problem with your food that went unacknowledged. I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and can only assure you that promptness of service and attention to any and all issues regarding food are of the utmost importance to us. We certainly hope to see you in Haro's again for a more positive experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly should you choose to visit us again; please ask for me directly.
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Customer satisfaction important”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Overall, the food and service were very good. Daily specials. What perhaps impressed us most was how professionally and satisfactorily the manager handled and resolved an issue we had regarding the size of "a pint" of beer. The evening could have been ruined, but she (as well as our server) handled it perfectly and we walked away happy.

Visited June 2014