“We Liked Salty's”

Add it.
Salty's Fish & Chips
Ranked #51 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and our two traveling companions stopped at Salty's in Sidney last week. I just had a taste for fish and chips, and this place looked like it might just produce. Yep. Excellent fish and chips, not too greasy, chips were fried just right and the crusted haddock was excellent. Malt vinegar right on the table, too. The wait staff were prompt, helpful, and accommodating. My wife and I split an order and without our asking, she brought the meal and a separate plate. That's service, and we tipped her appropriately. Atmosphere, well, not so much by sterile American standards, but just right for an English-style fish and chips joint like I saw in York. Except they didn't serve the food on a sheet of newspaper. Return? Absolutely, for fish and chips like that, always.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our fish & chips at Salty's was very good. As my husband & I do not have big appetites. The waitress was very helpful in suggesting a way not to order 2 meals. A very friendly and efficient young lady

Reviewed 7 May 2013

this place was average in my opinion we ordered 2 1 peices my freinds came with two peices, she told them she only orderd a 1peice, so they took it back but took off the bigger fish and left her with the small peice, wasnt impressed.then the price was more than what the card said.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have been in Saltys, Sidney once. We expected good things from it, as it is a franchise owned by British people and my husband and I as Brits know a bit about fish and chips. Our meal was below average. The chips were probably from lunchtime as they were dry and not very nice. The fish was not particularly nice either. We have another place in Sidney that we often go to for fish and chips and we will stick to that in future, I think.

2  Thank Bren A
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

It was all yummy and service was speedy. The panko shrimp was crispy and the tomatoe seafood bisque was very tasty.

1  Thank Kayaker_Carl