“Nice evening with a friend”

Boondocks Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 86 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was in Sidney recently and had an opportunity to meet up with a long time friend at Boondocks.
The atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff friendly. Food was very good and very generous. I ended up taking some home with me.
I enjoyed a local beer on tap and met another acquaintance of my friend who popped in.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I like places with this sort of atmosphere and was happy to try out somewhere that had been recommended to me, for that reason.
The food was pretty good - great Cajun salmon burger and tasty, not your run of the mill salad for me, an appetiser of garlic prawns to share and a hearty, vegetable beef soup for my partner, fully loaded with beef.
Our server was considerate and pleasant. I have no qualms about coming back here to try it again, for another meal at another time of day. For those who wish to stay home, take out is available.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stop here after taking the ferry over from the mainland with my in-laws that had just arrive from Norway. I had a shrimp melt sandwich which was Ok not great. Everyone else had burgers which they thought were good. I think we were all pretty tired so we appreciate a hot meal even though it took a while for the food and the service wasn't great, but the hot tea was pretty good while waiting.

1  Thank MeliMag
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A small group of us visited the restaurant in early September, food was really good (I had the fish and chips) as was the prices for the wine and beer. Visited again in late September with a group of four, was craving the fish and chips and was very disappointed, the first time they were large, fresh, with crispy batter. The second time they were more like frozen soggy fish sticks (small, flavorless, and soggy). Very disappointing.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was welcomed by staff, reviewed specials, ordered wine and meal within minutes. Meal was excellent ... Prime rib was perfect as was steak sandwich. Attentive staff ... Will return ... Good value.