“Great little getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Sidney B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Great little getaway!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here while we were attending a wedding in the Sidney area, and fell in love with this place! Super comfortable beds, incredibly delicious breakfasts, and walking distance to the pier and restaurants. Very friendly and accommodating staff! A very nice quiet retreat in Sidney. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leavesspell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Food was delicious both mornings. Warren was very helpful to us in suggesting things to do in our limited time there, and made sure that we got our breakfast first the second morning so we could leave quickly to make our ferry. Inn was very quiet, rooms well furnished and maintianed. The efforts made to make the room look nice for us (on our honeymoon trip) with scattered rose petals on the bed and chocolates on the pillows were much appreciated

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This B&B has top notch renovations. The room, bed, and bath were very comfortable and clean as well as the rest of the B&B. They were very helpful letting us store our backpacks before and after our stay with them. This B&B is only about 3 blocks from the Sidney Ferry and two blocks to the bus stop. Bus service is excellent on the Island too. Being only 3 blocks from downtown Sidney we were able to enjoy this very beautiful town. This B&B is quiet, well appointed, in a great location and has very helpful and respectful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor that might be considered bad, but it was just fine.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very clean B & B in a good location. The room we had was spacious and well appointed. The breakfast was delicious and filling. We had a large whirlpool tub and also a shower. For cooler days and evenings we had a fireplace in our room, that could help take the chill off and add to the ambiance. Thank You!

Room Tip: Upstairs might be quieter, overall I believe all rooms are good. Maybe ask the staff when booking or...
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The bed and breakfast was beautiful, it has everything going for it, except its cook and her ridiculous feigned snobbery Seriously, she totally ruined the experience.

What a shame, my room was beautiful, the woman at the check in desk was kind, the bed was one of the most comfortable (feather pillow top's) I've ever slept on. The B&B was spotless, warm, welcoming. Everything was excellent EXCEPT the cooks attitude, I thought really? seriously? Are you kidding me?

I loved this bed and breakfast and would loved to have made another booking upon my return from abroad, but there was NO way I was going to subject myself to such inappropriate smugness again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SweetDiAngel
111Manager, General Manager at Beacon Inn at Sidney, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay in June. I am delighted to hear you were pleased with almost all aspects of your stay and, of course, I am deeply disappointed to hear of your experience with our former cook. I am pleased to say, we now have a marvelous new breakfast cook, very skilled in the culinary arts, with top notch customer service skills. As I feel that your concerns warrant a more personal response than can be provided here, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to see how we can earn back your business. I can be reached by calling our toll free number 1-877-420-5499. Sincerely, Denise Peat.
Lebanon, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable stay. Room was well appointed, clean and roomy. Very professionally run and the gourmet breakfast was exceptional. Short walk to the various piers and shopping in Sidney. We enjoyed our brief "visit" to English manor life.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Beacon Inn is 'Timeless Elegance' personified. Checking in is going back to a quieter, simpler time. The attention to detail, whether in the room decor or the food presentation is amazing.Staff are all very friendly, helpful and very professional.Any information or special requests are handled with ease. My room was immaculate and beautiful, the best nights sleep I've had in a while, total comfort. Breakfast was a 5 star dining experience, coffee is very good and there is a coffee/tea station available 24/7 with snacks and fruit as well. This was really a wonderful getaway, Sidney is a great place to browse shops, bookstores, and there are many restaurants and pubs, but most of all it felt safe in Sidney,whether you're on the trails at dawn or at sunset. I can see why so many visitors stay at the beacon Inn, there's nothing else like it. I stayed three nights.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, you'll have a hard time choosing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
111Manager, General Manager at Beacon Inn at Sidney, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your kind comments and detailed review of your recent stay. Myself and all of our hard working staff are delighted to hear such positive feedback! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future visit to Sidney! Best regards, Denise Peat.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites
Quality Inn Waddling Dog
Quality Inn Waddling Dog
#2 of 4 in Central Saanich
Travelodge Victoria Airport

Been to Beacon Inn at Sidney? Share your experiences!