“Family size- AMAZING view”

The Cedarwood Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Edmonds, WA
“Family size- AMAZING view”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We rented the James bay Suite ( I think that is the name) it is facing the street, and has a deck with an amazing view of Mt Baker and the San Juan Islands. it has a bedroom with 2 Queen beds and a Queen sofa bed in the living room. There is a full Kitchen, that is fully equipped. The bathroom is fabulous with a separate shower and a Jetted bath tub.

The unit does NOT have air conditioning, but the windows have screens and there is a ceiling fan in the living room, so it was not an issue. The bedroom was warmer, but again there was a screen on the window and a rotating fan, so it was fine.

The Queen Bed in the living room was very comfortable.

We spent 3 nights here and loved every night. The staff was very kind, the room was very clean, and the jetted tub was a welcome treat after a long day of walking around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank menelson2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I loved my stay at the CEDARWOOD INN the check-in process went smooth and my room on the second floor was ready. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was very large and comfortable. I was able to walk to the town center along the waterfront.
My room overlooked the waterfront and I was able to watch the sunrise the day of my check out .
The hotel is within walking distance to the SAN JUAN FERRY.

Room Tip: The hotel only has 2 floors so it was easy to get to the room They don't have an elevator, but I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Randy Hooker - Winnipeg, MB

Just came back from staying a week at the Cedarwood. Right from the get go our vacation was awesome, thanks in part to Peter at the front desk. Had a very enjoyable discussion with him when I booked the reservation & made us feel quite welcome upon our arrival. The rooms are comfortable and was terrific having a kitchen for making meals etc. The shower pressure was awesome, and looked forward to waking up each day!
On the water and across from a terrific walkway along Lochside park - can't beat this location on the Island!
To finish things off we had a large family reunion and invited immediate family back to the Cedarwood. The centre grass entertaining area was put to use and made for a wonderful day! Several patio sets and ample chairs in a colorful setting, was perfect for hosting an event like ours.
Overall great experience and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the suites.... highly recommended if looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy H
Souris, MB
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff were very helpful. The rooms could use some renovations. The said it was within walking distance of the town, but you would have to be fit to walk it. Discovered on our last day that there is a bus to get into town and back. It was convenient for the airport

Room Tip: there are no restaurants near by. You either have to take a good 10 minute walk if you are fit, or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Firrst I want to comment on how accomodating the staff was while we were at Cedarwood. Any additional request we had was dealt with immediately from requesting a microwave to getting my earring out of the sink drain. You don't find that kind of service in the franchise hotels.The location is absolutely gorgeous - looking directly at the water. We were surprised at home convenient it was to the ferry port. This is definitely the Inn I will stay at next visit to Sidney. Thanks again to all of you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
pender island bc
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I live in the Gulf Islands and have to stay overnight someplace when I fly out of Victoria Airport, tried somewhere else in the past and it was a little sketchy so someone recommended this place and what a great decision. Got to park my car there the week I was gone, taxi arranged to pick me up, and my room was waiting for me when I returned the following week late at night. Really lovely gardens and the room was clean and comfortable. The best part is the really friendly staff, made me feel safe and taken care of during my traveling. Loved the location, spectacular ocean view, beautiful seaside walkway right in front and just a short walk to Sidney downtown, lots of restaurants and shops. My trip began even before I left! Would recommend this place to anyone travelling to and from the airport and would be great as a longer stay too. In fact my husband and I are planning that for sometime in the future! Really lovely spot, great service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night at the Cedarwood but would have loved to stay longer. The grounds are lovely and overlook the waterfront. All the rooms were clean and equipped for longer stays. We were accommodated in a beautiful suite with amazing vistas. The staff were helpful and courteous. We were within walking distance of downtown Sidney.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
Travelodge Victoria Airport
Beacon Inn at Sidney
Beacon Inn at Sidney
#1 of 8 in Sidney

Been to The Cedarwood Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!