“Whale bonanza!”

Sidney Whale Watching
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Sidney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whale watching, wildlife tours and sea kayaking tours located in the beautiful seaside town of Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island. Our advantages include; calm protected water and the closest departure point to the Resident Killer whale routes meaning more whale time and an average of 30 minutes less travel time then Vancouver or Victoria. We are also at the gateway to the magical Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, less then 5 minutes off our dock and your among one of the nicest cruising grounds on the planet. Family owned and operated for over 15 years, come share our passion for the beautiful region called the Salish Sea.
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Our boat driver was very skillful and showed us a great time. He was diligent about searching out where the whales were, and we got lucky that day and saw a large group of orcas and a humpback.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Had an amazing experience. The guide was extremely knowledgable about the area and the whales. I learned a lot of great information and saw Orcas from three different pods. The amount of people on the tour was small which was great because it allowed for one on one conversation with the guide to ask questions. I would absolutely recommend this company!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This company (also known as SeaQuest) exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff and skipper were very friendly and relaxed. The open boat (bring sunscreen or a hat - I didn't and now paying for it) holds twelve, is very stable and powerful. Whale watching is very competitive and there are lots of companies to choose from for this kind of activity. I would recommend SeaQuest as they were very respectful of the animals, knew how to maneuver into a position where the Orcas would come past as we sat bobbing along and provided an intimate experience. You are outfitted with floater suits which are very warm so you do not need to pack extra layers. I would recommend bringing along some water and a stick of gum to chew on in case it gets rough.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and I were seeking a personable, locally owned and operated whale watching company for our 2nd anniversary. Sidney Whale Watching (SeaQuest) went above and beyond. During the trip, all sorts of wildlife were pointed out to us with very interesting facts. I was at first concerned that we wouldn't see the whales as much. This was not so, we had plenty of time and spent hours watching the whales breach, tail slap, roll over, and play with each other in mid-June. The guide was able to tell us the name and code of the whales as well as follow them through their travel pattern. We also loved the fact that they were family owned. One cousin was the tour guide (so sorry I forgot his name) and his cousin was the perfect hostess when we signed in. You have to look a little hard for their entrance off of Beacon street in Sidney (on the South side) but well worth the find! We had trouble with booking another sightseeing attraction (non-whale), but SeaQuest even helped us sort out that issue as well. I am letting my relatives in BC know to make sure they go to SeaQuest. It was well worth our time and they made it very personable for us - we even became friends with the other passengers, helping to point out sightings, tasting fresh sea-weed (?), and cheering out our tour guide as we rode the current. Thank you SeaQuest for an outstanding trip!

Note: Bring layers and wear sunscreen on your face, the rest of your body will be in a big orange water suit. My husband and I are XL-2X and the suits fit just fine. There were petite ladies and a very tall gentleman on our trip who also had suits that worked just fine. The suits come included in the cost.

1  Thank Gina M
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I have been whale watching in Iceland and USA - this was a great expereince in a smaller boat with informal discussion with Steve. Multiple pod sightings and a bouncy ride back in the evening.