“Wonderful Hotel in beautiful Sidney”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel in beautiful Sidney”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We had a wonderful stay in the Sidney Pier and will be back again. The hotel (actually a condo building with 50 some hotel suites) is in an amazing waterfront location right next to Sidney's main pier. The building and grounds are gorgeous and beautifully maintained with great restaurants and shopping right outside the door.
Our room was spacious, nicely decorated, clean and well appointed. Everything you could ask for. We had comfortable beds, nice linens, a quiet building and polite, helpful staff. The only thing missing was Dave, the building mascot.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlowe3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We are checking out today. Wish we could stay longer. This is the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. From the minute we arrived and were greeted by Trevor with a big smile we knew this was going to be an excellent place.
We stayed in room 204 which is a little larger than a standard room, has a balcony, a side view of the ocean. The rooms are quiet and clean, the comfort of the beds provided an excellent nights sleep.
When we return to Sidney, we wouldn't think about staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

This was the worst check in experience I have ever had. Staff was insensitive, rude and unhelpful even after I mention the purpose of our stay was to attend a funeral. Not only where the three rooms we booked all different prices, but we were charged fees for things we were not made aware of at booking, when we made them aware of this they called us liers, even after I had called to double check the reservations. One reservation had not even been recorded, they offered no explanations or apologies until after 9 pm they called the room to say they where sorry. Cell phones don't work in the rooms which was terribly inconvenient had to stay with our heads out the window just to make a call about the funeral. Sidney is a beautiful town and don't spoil your trip by staying at a hotel that has such poor service.

• Stayed April 2012
PierJoey, Director of Rooms at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. As a small boutique hotel we pride ourselves in our ability to give each guest personal meaningful service and I apologize that we did not serve you and your family in this way. I would be most appreciative of the oppurtunity to speak with you personally to have a chance to recover your confidence.
You may contact me through the hotels toll free phone number 866-659-9445.

Joey Thiessen
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was a gem that I only found because of a coworker. I went on a business trip and I left the hotel decision with my coworker and admin assistant. When he told me we were staying at the Sidney Pier, I thought, nice... some sketchy cheap hotel just because it's close to the office...

After a long day of meetings and a dinner, we got to the hotel. I was very impressed with the decor right off the bat. Reception, very friendly and welcoming, then I walked into the room. This room was spacious, beds were comfy, bathrooms clean and modern. The best part was when I got up and it was light, I opened the curtains and had a great ocean view!

This hotel gets a thumbs up for me, I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Julio P
Mill Bay
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We always stay at this hotel if we have an early flight out from the Victoria International Airport. It's so much more relaxing to get up and taxi to the airport that is only a few minutes away than drive from our home over the Malahat (which can be tricky in colder weather). This hotel is such a great value for the quality you receive. The spa is very good and the restaurant "Haro's" is fabulous. I have attached photos of their wheelchair accessible King Room to see the layout and accessiblity factor. For those coming from out of town, Sidney is a great little seaside community with great little stores and walking paths along the water. Lots of restaurants to choose from and very close to the ferry and airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeahfromBC
Ottawa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My spouse and I spent a week there, for work and some vacation time. The room was large and the beds were extremely comfortable. The decor was tasteful, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a dog friendly hotel. Apart from the resident dog, a very quiet black lab, we only saw dogs twice in the elevator.

The hotel restaurant was good, but not exceptional. Red Fish, Blue Fish on 5th street had the best fish and chips in town.The thai restaurant a few mintues away on the main street (can't remember its name) was surprisingly good. We didn't try the spa as the services seemed a little pricey.

I would recommend this hotel and anytime we stay in Sidney we will return. It does seem to fill up quickly so reserve a few weeks in advance if you can.

Room Tip: There is a steam shower in the spa at no extra cost. We had an ocean view room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 25 March 2012

A couple of things would have made the hotel part of our stay much better. 1) Tell guests at check-in that there's a "pillow bar". The default pillows are ok for sleeping, but terrible for leaning against while watching tv. 2) Fix the page that lists the tv channels. I stopped surfing through the channels around channel 30 after about 10 "not available" messages. Who would ever think to continue up to about 150 to find the available digital channels?

Excellent dinners in the hotel restaurant. The prix fixe menu was a great value.

Booking our rooms wasn't a great experience. As far as I could tell, there's no way to book connecting rooms through the web interface. Using the phone is through some all-North-America thing, and they didn't know anything about the hotel's great connecting-rooms feature. Luckily we were able to change one of our rooms when we checked in. Sort of my fault; I guess I should have phoned the hotel in advance to make sure they were connecting, but it would have been better to have been able to book through a person in the hotel in the first place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
#2 of 49 in Victoria

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!