The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Western 66 Motel(Central Saanich)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewssidney piercoffee shopunderground parkingsignature suitebeautiful hotelocean viewbedroom suitehotel staffdining tablebeautiful roomhotel roomfull kitchenacross the streetwonderful viewsized bedbutchart gardenssame building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My fiance and I stayed here just one night as we were going to a conference the following day. We arrived early (hours before our check-in time) to see if we could park and then cruise around the shops till we could get in. Not only did they allow us to check-in early but were very welcoming (this means they laughed at our attempted jokes).

The room was INCREDIBLE. I upgraded to a sea view king size room and the view was fantastic. The room had an AMAZING king size bed with the softest sheets and duvet. It also had a nice dining room table and seating area with couch (including a chair that swiveled facing the water where I spent a good hour cuddled with a blanket and a book-BLISS). There was also a mini fridge tucked away with creamers for the morning coffee (NO COFFEEMATE! HORAY!)

BUT: My favourite part of this hotel was the eco-friendliness of it. Not only do they give you natural soaps, shampoo, and lotions (from a local source- I think Salt Spring Island?) but they encourage recycling AND give you a garbage container that allows you to split up paper, plastic, glass, and cans. Not many other hotels have taken this step in making the recycling process easy.

Also, the staff were awesome. We wanted to see what the 'deluxe' room looked like (in case we wanted to host our wedding at the hotel) and without hesitation, the gentleman showed us right away. (P.S. the deluxe room is GORGEOUS!).

I will recommend this place without a doubt:)

Room Tip: We asked to upgrade to the sea view room. Its a bit more $ but I think that is what made the experience THAT much more enjoyable
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Miranda P
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Sidney Pier Hotel and spa provided an all-in-one retreat to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a beautiful oceanfront suite and welcomed by a plate of chocolate, fruit and a card signed by hotel staff. In addition to enjoying the amenities of our room, including the deep soaker tub, we also indulged in several treatments at the spa, worked out at the excellently-equipped gym and steam rooms . Haro's, the hotel's restaurant was a fine dining experience made special by the wonderful staff, top-notch service, the evening ocean views and delicious food. Our experience at the Sidney Pier is one that will take us back again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to an ocean view room - you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire V
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We booked a couples night out with an ocean view room at the same time as made dinner and spa reservations, out of three they got two right... When we arrived in the room we were assigned, it was a street view room, given I live 3 blocks away and have my own view of the local streets I was disappointed. The hotel made it right and only hit me for a small 'upgrade fee' then we went to dinner, and were told we did not have a reservation, but it was ok as they had room for us... 30 minutes into dinner my cell phone rings, it's the restaurant (actually the hostess who seated us) asking if we were still coming to dinner, hmm I was becoming less impressed by now and seriously concerned that it would end up 3 for 3 with reservations. Fortunately the spa worked fine and the upgrade fee of the night before had been cut in half, still I was unimpressed, and this should not have happened, would I return yes, absolutely. Would I triple check my reservation? Yes, unquestionably. This hotel is in an amazing location and has some views that are second to none, lots of potential here if they can get it right. The staff I dealt with in person were very nice and professional.

Room Tip: Be sure to call back and triple check your reservations.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iFosser
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We spent a night at this hotel during our trip to Butchart Gardens, we got a room with sea view and it is worth every dollar we paid for it. We got a great sea view at the sunrise and sunset, the hotel is very conveniently located by the pier, we enjoyed our walk at the pier during the sunset and there are many restaurants with good food surrounding the hotel. The hotel staffs were friendly and the room was quiet, definitely will come back again next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I recently spend two nights at this hotel and was very impressed. The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a fridge in our room, which we stocked with food from the market across the street. The hotel is on the main street and is close to restaurants and boutiques. It was nice to have a view of the ocean and pier from our room. We ate at Haro's restaurant, and the nearby Bistro Suisse and the food was great. This hotel is very handy to the airport and to the ferries. It was also a nice touch to see the friendly guide dog (hotel mascot) in the lobby. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. We truly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family