On Sunday 25 Aug we checked in to spend an evening along with Dinner to celebrate our Anniversary and a friend's recent Birthday, who along with his wife and Chocolat Lab also checked into a room on the "pet floor".
The Desk Person was very friendly. I informed him:
1: We were celebrating our 51st Anniversary
2; We would be entertaining our friends and their dog, who had reserved a pet friendly room on the 3rd Floor, in our room for a pre dinner drink and "nibblies" before dinner which had been pre-arranged through the Concierge.
He was aware of the arrangements, as well our friends name and the name of their dog and said there would be no problem if the dog visited in our room for the pre- dinner drinks and was returned to the 3rd Flr
There was no offer of assistance with our bags.
The dog was returned to it's room before we went to dinner
3: We went for dinner and despite the fact that a window table had been requested in the dinner reservation 3 weeks in advance there was no table available!
4:While we were waiting in line for a suitable table a Desk Person appeared inquiring who were the party who had a non-registered pet in their room.
After looking at each other we tried to explain to this person the circumstances which she did not grasp and to our embaresment proceeded to lecture us on hotel policy in front of all assembled!!
5:After many requests for some bread on the table one of our party went to the serving area and asked for bread service.
6:Our friends brought a unique bottle of wine to the table for which we shared the$20 corkage fee, and of which the Front of House shared a glass.
7:The a/m Manager, the Hostess, wait staff were all aware of this special occasion. There was 0 acknowledgement from the Front Desk, the Dining Room and through check out.
We will not return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55-room boutique hotel, spa, oceanfront restaurant & lounge, and cafe, opened in May 2007. Located on the waterfront in the charming seaside town of Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island - just 10 minutes from the Victoria International Airport, BC Ferries to Vancouver, and Washington State Ferries to Anacortes, Washington. 30 minute drive to downtown Victoria. Complimentary use of 24 hour Fitness Centre. 3 Meeting/Function rooms for groups up to 60 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and TravelClick so you can book your The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sidney Pier Hotel And Spa
- The Sidney Pier Hotel Sidney