“Great Rooms, and wonderful professional staff.”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here on business for a night. Was treated to a beautiful room on the 4th floor of the hotel, with a partial view of the ocean. The staff were capable and willing to answer all of my questions, and did so with enthusiasm. I will be returning for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. It is always so nice to hear that a new guest has enjoyed their experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pier.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We spent a week in BC visiting Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria. My husband comes to Sidney 10-15x/year on business, always stays at the Sidney Pier and was excited to show it to me...I was not disappointed! This hotel has a 5-star feel while being small enough to give a boutique vibe. Immaculately clean (and I am very picky about such things), well-appointed rooms with comfortable beds and linens. The toiletries provided are lovely. The entire hotel is peaceful and quiet and the location and view cannot be beat. We had a lovely balcony on the side of the hotel in room 204, giving us a great view of both the water and the street below. The restaurant was fantastic, great food at reasonable prices. I didn't get the chance to utilize the spa but plans are already in the works to return on my husband's next trip here and I will definitely make use of the reasonably-priced services.
While I enjoyed all of our hotel stays this week I have to say this was by far my favourite.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your post - it is always nice to meet the family of regular guests!
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We ended up at this hotel at a desperate time when we had checked in to a horrible hotel and quickly needed another option. There were no vacancies in Victoria, and when we called this hotel, they had luckily had a cancellation. Boy did we score! The view is amazing, the service was professional, friendly, and accommodating, the rooms were clean and well laid out. All this at a surprisingly good price!! The bed was a bit hard for my liking, but I realize that this is personal preference issue. Wifi connection wasn't great, but after having seen where we could have stayed...that was inconsequential. If you are working from the hotel you might find this a bit frustrating. You are a short walk to the pier and within walking distance of many cute stores and cafes/restaurants. Bonus...it is two minutes from the airport so we could enjoy the area until the very last minute.

Room Tip: If you can get a sea view, it is gorgeous; and you get to enjoy amazing sunrises and sunsets
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your comments. Sidney is a special town, and a great community to be part of. Thank you for choosing the Pier!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've been here before and have always enjoyed it; we did again this time. Room 305 is well appointed and comfortable with a side view of the ocean. The hotel is at the end of the street so is very quiet -- of course is there anywhere in Sidney that is noisy. We love this town and though we live in nearby Victoria, we don't hesitate to visit whenever we have a chance. This hotel and this little town have all that you would want for a quiet holiday.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your note, and for coming back to stay with us at the Pier. It has been a beautiful summer in BC, and Sidney is definitely a great little town for a vacation or 'staycation'!
We appreciate you choosing the Sidney Pier,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights and had a ocean view room that was very nice and very clean. We had trouble with the wifi. I usually looked up and made reservations on our next hotel we wanted to stay. But had trouble doing sometime. We are used to hard beds but that bed (mattress) was hard like a floor. I couldn't even make a dent in it i'm also not that light (165lbs) i woke up very early from tossing and turning and back pain i had to stretch before i could get out of bed. Still i liked the room. Would stay there anytime again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the internet interruptions. As mentioned in a previous response, we are working at this time to improve the wifi throughout the building - we should achieve this within a week or so.
Our mattresses are of the firm variety, but we do have plush sheepskin 'toppers' we can add, as well as a pillow 'menu' to ensure a restful sleep.
I would be pleased to speak personally with you regarding your stay, and can be reached via email at natalie.king@sidneypier.com, or by calling the hotel directly.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Clean, great rooms with wonderful views of the bay.

Staff was polite and parking was easy.

I'd like to see a beer and a wine in the servi-bar. But alas only coffee supplies.

Wifi was slow. Non-existent slow. Connected to the internet, but nothing would load. Wasted 25 minutes messing with it. I wish hotels would understand that no wifi is better than one that really doesn't work, because the latter wastes our time.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and bringing the wifi deficiency to our attention. Summer volume brought an unprecedented usage and slowed down internet connectivity in July. We are working (as we speak) on boosting the bandwidth and performance of our wifi by adding nodes and changing their placement, and should see improved quality within the next week. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating it can be to not be able to connect quickly and consistently.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Pier, and look forward to offering an improved internet experience should you stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 days, 3 adults, 1 child, 1 dog. The rooms were spacious enough, clean, and well maintained. The bathroom was spotless, products supplied were amazing, generally I don't use but everyone was raving about it ... So I had to try. The only concern anyone mentioned was 1 person in our group thought the bed was a little firm. Staff at desk were friendly &, informative. We wanted some additional items and spoke with the housekeeping staff, as we were describing our needs to her in the hallway, she asked if I could show her so she would know exactly what we wanted.... I was impressed! Restaurant delicious, coffee bar ... Best coffee & scones. Location perfect, easy walk to anywhere. Underground parking area spotless.
Often when travelling with a pet they put you in the "used" rooms but we never felt this here. They had dog bowls, treats, doggie bags and a dog bed waiting for us. I was impressed with the attention to detail. Definitely a our new favourite place! Will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for posting your comments. Our team at the hotel take a lot of pride in what we do; none more so than our Housekeeping Team - they are awesome and will enjoy reading your feeedback!
I am glad you got to sample our scones - they are made from a recipe shared with us by our original baker's grandmother.
We do love being a pet-friendly hotel, and our hotel dog, Dave, loves the visitors!
Natalie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
Hotel Grand Pacific
Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 49 in Victoria
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!