“Still great after all these years.”

Sabhai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Still great after all these years.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once a restaurant has been opened for a few years, often we see the quality slide. Cheaper quality products are used, portions are smaller, service is slower.

Slipped into Sabhai in Sidney last week for a solo lunch. I was not disappointed. They have a fabulous lunch special consisting of soup, two spring rolls and a main for $9. Great value, lots of hot yummy food. I had intended on adding some chicken to my order but forgot, so when my meal arrived, I asked for a side of sliced chicken. The waiter cheerfully complied and my chicken arrived about three minutes later, steaming hot.

I have never had a bad experience at Sabhai. The food is always good, fresh and hot. The waiters are always cheerful and prompt. It is also great value for money. Heartily recommended both locations. (the other location is in Langford)

• Visited August 2014

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have been going here since it opened several years ago. The food is consistently good and service excellent. The ambience inside tends to be noisy and we often take food out for this reason. The street patio is good on fine days. There is a good competitive Thai restaurant two blocks away with similar food standards and a quieter atmosphere which we prefer.

• Visited August 2014
Alberta, Canada
“So happy to find an excellent Thai place in Sidney, BC”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was very excited to find this restaurant when I first went to Sidney earlier this year and I have been back several times. It is hard when you are travelling to know where the good restaurants are and I was happy to find that the food at Sabhai Thai is delicious. It is everything you want in Thai food -- fresh, flavourful, a good choice of dishes ranging from hot to mild, and all vey nicely presented with good service and at a reasonable price. In nice weather you can eat outside. They also do take-away. I ate there several times this trip and will be back when I am next in Sidney.

• Visited June 2014
Port Moody, Canada
“Excellent Thai in Sidney!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We met some friends here while visiting Vancouver Island. It was a great location, with outdoor seating. They even allowed our dog to sit outside, tied and just on the edge of the patio. (Great for us as it was a hot afternoon and we couldn't leave him in the car!). The food was very tasty. Good flavor. We ordered the medium for spiciness and it was just comfortable. Not on the hot side at all. It filled up quickly on the Friday evening. Get there before 6pm!

• Visited June 2014
“First time there”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

While attending the Sidney Market on a summer Thursday evening, my friend and I tried this restaurant. We both had pad thai with prawns. The portions were large. But the flavour was nothing that made our hearts jump. We ordered mild so maybe that's it but it just generally didn't have any panache. It was busy and we were treated well. Food came quickly. Just didn't tickle our fancies!

• Visited July 2014