“Finger Nail in My Fried Rice”

Good Fortune Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Sidney, Canada
“Finger Nail in My Fried Rice”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I went for lunch March 21st with a group from work. I ordered Combo 1. It arrived and as I ate it, I found a finger nail in my mouth when I ate the fried rice. It was a pretty gross experience. I have always enjoyed the food at Good Fortune, but wonder why they would have someone in the kitchen with long finger nails chopping vegetables. The finger nail was long. I am now uncertain of what goes on behind the scenes at this restaurant. They did take my plate away, along with the nail, and after awhile brought me another plate with more fried rice on it. I said no thanks to the fried rice as I said that is what I found the finger nail in and had it substituted with some veggies. In the end, I did eat and the restaurant did not charge me for my lunch.

Visited March 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Best Chinese!!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We used to live in Sidney and ate there at least once every 2 weeks. Now we live in Victoria and after trying many spots in Victoria we have given up and drive out to Sidney to get it. They have THE best Ginger Fried Beef we've ever had and also the Wor Wonton is awesome. They cook everything from scratch... always fresh and delicious.

• Visited January 2013
Sidney, Canada
“Best Chinese food in Sidney, our favourite anywhere!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We have had take-out food from this restaurant for over 15 years, our son worked in the kitchen as a high school student and would come home smelling like grease, but the first place he wants to go to eat when he comes back from the US after years away is the Good Fortune. He said that there's no food as good as this anywhere that they can find in their state,, and whenever we order something to be changed about the dish, there is never a problem- it comes exactly as we ask,-eg. no hot spice, no MSG, whatever we ask is always happily changed when possible. The tangerine chicken is wonderful, and of course the ginger fried beef, their "Good Fortune" special fried rice, chow mein , and others are really worth the extra dollar or two, with many extra "goodies" added. Reasonable, friendly and a great place for a dinner with good-sized portions.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carrie403
Victoria, Canada
“Ginger Fried Beef on a sizzling skillet”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Great Chinese Food. We've dined here many times over the past 10 years and have never been disapointed. Excellent quality and quantity as well. Nice surroundings, friendly service. Our favourite chinese restaurant . Doggie bag had items individually packaged.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Canadiantravellers93
Sidney
“Best Chinese Food in town”
Reviewed 9 February 2012