“Fake Greek, overpriced and lousy food”

Maria's Souvlaki Greek Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Sidney
Description: Enjoy top authentic homemade Greek cuisine in the heart of Sidney. Maria's Souvlaki Greek Restaurant offers freshly prepared menu items made with love, including Souvlaki, gyros, donair, desserts and more. We are also licensed to serve alcohol.
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Aside from the waffle fries this place should be avoided. My husband and I ordered a Greek salad...NOT...dressing was nothing but weakly flavoured oil and vinegar with a scattering of Feta cheese AND it was expensive. Souviakis were just OK.
I can't understand the rave reviews. This is definitely NOT a Greek restaurant. Being from Montreal we have excellent Greek eating establishments both cheap and expensive so I think that Maria's Souviaki should take a few lessons and first learn how to put together. a decent Greek salad and for the price, give customers decent value for the money.
The waffle fries were excellent...thats about it.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

food ok,poorly presented,,staff lacked any interest in customers...pricey for what you get..coke in a can maybe with straw &paper servet,down the street around corner real greek eating place cloth covered tables real sevice silverwear real dishes about same prices.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family loves coming here to eat. Yum yum yum. We have come many times, but always stick to the same favorites..... souvlaki, calamari, Caesar and greek salads. Haven't had a bad meal. Thoroughly enjoyed EVER bite!

1  Thank JMS75
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have eaten multiple times at Maria's over the years and have found the food to be consistently good and consistently delicious. In comparison with other Greek restaurants we have tried, Maria's is simply the best. The food is fresh and the portions ample. The atmosphere is very casual and would not likely suit a "night out on the town" type of occasion. For lunch or an informal supper, however, Maria's is an excellent choice.

1  Thank canadatraveljunkie39
Reviewed 18 April 2013

At least twice a month my husband and I eat at Maria's. The food is always the same.....fantastically delicious. I've had Greek food from here to Athens, and this is simply my favorite.