“This is where to stay when passing through Salmon Arm.”

Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Best Western franchise has really figured it out. I've not once been disappointed by them yet. I always get great service. They understand what the priorities are for a mid range hotel. Clean, quiet & comfortable rooms with good lighting. Black out drapes & comfortable beds with good linens. Clean and functional bathrooms. The usual extras such as fridge, coffee maker, microwave. Bonus here is that this property offers a complimentary breakfast and its a good one. I read in some previous reviews that the breakfast area is small and it is but I just picked up my breakfast and took it to my room so I don’t see why this would be an issue. The only issue I've run into with every Best Western I stay at is they all seem to have slow wi fi. Its not a big deal but its odd how consistent it is. The one other draw back is you can’t open any windows and must rely on a/c unit however I definitely recommend this hotel over the Podollan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here with us. We have only 20 of 75 rooms where the windows do not open - these are our hypo-allergenic rooms. Next time you stop in to stay with us, just request a room where the windows open and we would be more than happy to accommodate that request for you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Salmon Arm Inn

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Had a great stay - bed was exceptional - breakfast was good - front desk staff was friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Pool and hot tub were very nice. Large parking lot, easy access to lake and other eateries and stores

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be desirable as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Salmon Arm.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Traveling on a long weekend with no reservations.What was I thinking. The day prior found this hotel and booked as not must lelt to choose from. Doubel checked a bit later and was fully booked. Glad I keeped it.Not really looking forwaed to staying here. It was a big surprise with a late arrival at checkin to have a friendly staff member to get you though quickly. Loved the room which was bigger then thought. We had stayed at the Fairmont in Vancouver and Marriott in Kelowna. Morning beakfast was the standard and rlocation was small, just off the lobby.Real plates,cups etc felt like I was visitting a family member. Room was on the 2nd floor.Ask for ground level if issues with stairs.We liked the size of the room with sitting area,lots of room betueen the beds ,sink seperate from tub and toilet. Price was highter then wanted to pay but was fine after we arrived at the hotel and were surpriced and happy and surprised that we loved our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I am very excited to hear that we surprised you. We are quite different from a Fairmount or a Marriat, in both branding standards and property layout. We are very pleased that we accomplished the goal of making you feel like you were with family as Best Western is" the world's biggest hotel family" and strive to make our guests feel at home when they are visiting us.
I certainly hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through the area. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, always reliably clean and quiet. Staff always friendly, especially people around that morning rush in the breakfast area. They deserve the Badge for excellent service and friendliness under pressure! Love that free breakfast, always great before heading off in the morning. Will continue to stay here when travelling to Salmon Arm

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff, especially the morning staff. It is a very busy time of day and for a couple of hours can be a very stressful time and it is great to hear that the staff have handled this exceptionally well and is being noticed. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel into the Salmon Arm area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was good. The only minuses were you have to go outside to get to your room and the breakfast area was a bit small. overall I found it to be very good value for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review. Unfortunately, we are at a conumdrum on how to expand our breakfast area without losing any parking spaces. We are looking into options to see if we can infact enlarge the breakfast area.
Hotels are defined as having indoor corridors and motels have outdoor corridors.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was part of a group of 4 driving from Calgary to Vancouver. We stopped overnight in Salmon Arm and my friend booked this hotel. I guess my friend to mention in the booking that where would be 4 guests, not 2. The staff at the front-desk seemed to be at a loss on how to handle the situation and as a bit rude about it. I guess with the extra 2 guests in the room, there was an extra cost - which we were completely fine with. I didn't think it was a big deal as my friend booked a room with 2 queen beds. Besides that minor mix-up, it was a good hotel for a one night stop. Good price, (even with the extra cost - only $10/guest) right off the highway, near the gas station and some restaurants. The rooms were fine, beds and pillows were comfortable, and I like how the sink/mirror was seperated from the shower and toilet so all guests could still use the sink if someone was in the shower/using the toilet. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to check out the pool but lots of guests were using it from what I could tell. The breakfast was also good and saved us from having to stop somewhere else to refuel before hitting the road again. The breakfast room may have been small but we just sat on the couches in the lobby and ate. The one bad thing was that the free wireless internet was extremely slow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am very sorry that the mix up on the number of people caused some confusion at the front desk upon your check in. We are training some new front desk agents, but that does not explain the rudeness. I will speak with the front desk clerks to ensure that they all know that rudeness to our guests is not tolerated.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very cute little town, the Best Western here is close to the highway so it's easy on, easy off - stayed here as a midway stop going through the Rockies from Calgary to Whistler/Vancouver, and it worked out well. Went for an early evening stroll along the boardwalk/park/pier thing they have there, very good ice cream at the end.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stop over. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase
Chase Country Inn Motel
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!