“noisy motel”

Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Way too close to trains and bus depot, if you want a good night sleep don't stay here. Motel is average at best and not worth the $130. It also not very central so you have to drive and if you intend on having a couple of drinks you're out of luck.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

The bus depot has only 2 buses that stop at the depot between 10pm and 7am. While the train has been mentioned many times, I do encourage you to request a room away from the train if you believe it may disturb your sleep.
While we do not have a pub or lounge on our property - about 50 feet from our front doors lies a great little pub called the HIDEAWAY PUB and they also offer our guests a discount off their food.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I love, love, love Salmon Arm. Staying a few nights at the BW only solidified my desire to move there. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was nice and clean and the rooms had lots of room with great views. We had a great time in the pool and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. I know we will definitely be staying there again and we can't hardly wait to go back. The prices are actually very fair. The service and rooms are so much better than you would ever expect at that price.

• Stayed: August 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Salmon Arm.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for one night on our journey. The room and bathroom was clean, the beds and pillows comfy. good breakfast, and good internet connection. Be careful, for the train track runs along the back of the rooms, stayed in room 105 and couldn't hear the trains. Ate in the nearby pub where the food is ok

Room Tip: ask about the train tracks
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for us. In the rooms that are located close to the office, you generally do not hear the train. The trains do not whistle past our property but they do rumble.
We encourage anyone who is concerned about the train located behind the property to please either call or put a request in your reservation asking to be away from the trains and we will do our best to accommodate the requests.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This Best Western is not even close to usual Best Western standards, it would be more accurate to affiliate this property with Motel 6. The rooms, which were advertised as being newly updated, were not; drains were slow, no microwave, and no mini fridge. The property was noisy and the breakfast room was way too small and poorly designed and the front desk (Carmen) was not friendly or helpful. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. The rooms are newly updated, there are new carpets, new beds, new 42in flat screen tv's, new lighting packages and we have more updates planned for this winter. We have fridges and microwaves available by request (as per the website states).

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was doing a road trip to Eastern BC and decided to stay in Salmon Arm at the last minute. I checked the app on my phone to see the rates and motels in Salmon Arm which has many options. I usually find Best Western to have the best in roadside accomidation and there was a good rate at the BW in Salmon arm.

It was the middle of the week so checking in was easy despite the fact I had no reservation. The clerk was good at trying to find me the best rate and pointing out local suroundings.

The room itself was very good. Very wide with plenty of room for tables, big screen tv, king size bed, good size bathroom with bathtub. It was quiet with a little noise but out of the oridnary. THe room was well maintained, well decorate and clean.

Pool was good with a nice hot tub. Close by to a large pub with good food, large draft beer selection, and large liquor store. The major shopping mall is across the street with a grocery store, major clothing store, and Canadian Tire.

The best part was the breakfast included in the rate. There was a large selection of options including fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts, hot meats, and a waffle maker. Lots to eat, a happy surprise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your room, the amenities and breakfast. I hope the rest of your trip went just as well as it started out. I certainly hope that we will get to see you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay. Front staff very good, he was by himself & was on the phone with a customer when we arrived, promptly asked if he could call back to take care of us.
Very quiet even though just off the highway, we asked to stay at the furthest end away from the road but were told the train goes through, his honesty was greatly appreciated. Room was spacious , clean, very comfortable bed & linens. Shower was great with a high shower head. Highly recommend.
Standard continental breakfast.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here. I appreciate that my office staff are forthcoming about the train. Being situated a block off of the highway and Salmon Arm being a pretty quiet place after 6pm - we generally don't seem to have much feedback about hearing the highway traffic.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Best Western franchise has really figured it out. I've not once been disappointed by them yet. I always get great service. They understand what the priorities are for a mid range hotel. Clean, quiet & comfortable rooms with good lighting. Black out drapes & comfortable beds with good linens. Clean and functional bathrooms. The usual extras such as fridge, coffee maker, microwave. Bonus here is that this property offers a complimentary breakfast and its a good one. I read in some previous reviews that the breakfast area is small and it is but I just picked up my breakfast and took it to my room so I don’t see why this would be an issue. The only issue I've run into with every Best Western I stay at is they all seem to have slow wi fi. Its not a big deal but its odd how consistent it is. The one other draw back is you can’t open any windows and must rely on a/c unit however I definitely recommend this hotel over the Podollan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here with us. We have only 20 of 75 rooms where the windows do not open - these are our hypo-allergenic rooms. Next time you stop in to stay with us, just request a room where the windows open and we would be more than happy to accommodate that request for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
Best Western Sicamous Inn
Chase Country Inn Motel
Howard Johnson Inn Enderby
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!