“Great stay ”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alberta, Canada
“Great stay ”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in Salmon Arm and it was a great stay! The lobby is very nice, nice staff, awesome comfy, clean and spacious rooms, a really good pool and hot tub, good wifi, nice wide screen TV, really comfy and clean beds, great continental breakfast! Next time we are in Salmon Arm we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hi! I have worked for motels myself over the years, so I will try to not be too critical, lol.

Pros:
It was a nice sized room
up to date
clean
large flat screen
table for two
sink and counter part of main room
toilet and tub in the bathroom
comfortable bed and pillows
although motel full, it was still quiet
although there were reno's being done we could still have a nice breakfast and take it to our room
the scrambled eggs and apple juice were gluten free (fyi).

Cons:
there was a dried face cloth hanging on shower curtain rod from a previous guest
no fridge to have cold drinks or save my snacks
couldn't access the wifi.

I have mentioned the no fridge thing to a friend who told me it was probably in the cupboard/tv stand in the main room. Didn't think it would be hiding. Didn't use pool facilities. Would we stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Although we were the closest to the road/highway, our room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank courtneyf123
Prince George BC, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed at the Best Western Salmon Arm on several occasions. The staff has always been very helpful and understanding. I appreciate their friendly faces and quick responses to any concerns I've had while staying this hotel. I definitely think it is a great value for the product and would stay again and again. In fact I have been seriously disapointed on two occasions that it has been fully booked and I had to go elsewhere instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Wasaga Beach
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The room was clean and spacious. This older hotel had dated decor but with a very comfortable bed. No elevator for the 2nd floor and that is difficult when you have lots of luggage. The TV didn't have many channels to watch. The breakfast was not that good and the space was very limited.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Field, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a terrific Best Western Hotel that pays professional attention to detail in cleanliness and courtesy and detail with friendly capable knowledgeable local staff who are prepared to help with the travelers needs and expectations. The hotel is located off of the main road so the area is quiet the beds are awesome and the other guests who stay there are also great friendly folks it seems

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Abbotsford
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stay at this Best Western most times we are in Salmon Arm. Nice big rooms and the bedding is excellent.. We don't always have the breakfast as the dining area is small but the staff encouraged us to take the food back to our rooms. Wifi signal was strong. sometimes problem with train noise if in upper rooms. Quite noisy if booked up with sports teams

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Victoria Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here three nights in mid February, 2014.
We were likely not usual style of guests, ...those just passing through... instead we were there for the birth of our granddaughter.
Our first welcome to the Salmon Arm Best Western came from our just updated Garmin GPS ....it wanted us to turn SOUTH off the highway! ...even though we could see the outside of the Motel I said to my wife ..."they must have built a new one; look at that one there, there's scaffolding in front of it, and no lights at all." Eventually we did cross the highway, and when we stopped directly in front of the office, ...there was lights and a registration person inside. So they need a welcoming light outside.
Registration was quick and friendly.
Our second floor room was big, with our requested King bed. The room was was kind of an old 60's style room that management was trying hard to make it work. The bed was firm and nice, the room was clean, the counter in the bathroom had been upgraded to granite; the management were trying, they had added a coffee pot, and a little fridge and a microwave. The TV was a nice big flatscreen, and they had cared enough about the remote to put it in a 'sterilized' bag. ...no golf channel though... Another nice touch was the two luggage racks instead of the usual one.
Parking was good, and free. Internet was good, and free. The pool and hot tub were closed for maintenance, but they had told us that before we got there.The shower and toilet were functional, although my wife asked if the towels ripped off any of my skin... The sink did not drain, but I fixed that easily, and the fridge was turned off, and I had to fiddle with the control to get it to work. ...But it did work.
Breakfast was free, and minimalist, muffins, a waffle machine, fruit, juice coffee, tea, cereal, yogurt ... My waffle (s) kept sticking ...it looked like an old machine, but the reception clerk made a point of coming over to help. Sausages one morning; Scrambled eggs the next. It was all the breakfast I needed because I knew there was a Expresso bar close by.
We heard very little highway noise from our room; we could hear the trains rumbling by, but it was not obtrusive.
We stayed here because it was close to our daughter and new granddaughter, When we booked, they did have an internet 20 percent off price for the duration of our stay, so I suppose I cannot really complain about the price. But for $100 a night I'll likely look for somewhere more modern.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank George2011
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Salmon Arm Inn. We have a variety of guests that stay with us for different reasons, however, most of our guests are working in the area with only a smaller percentage of those travelling through town. I am sorry to hear that your GPS unit had placed us on the wrong side of the highway, I am not certain why this is so as we have always been located where we currently are situated.
We have checked our lighting out several nights and at varying times and have found that the large sign on the highway as well as the front of the building are lit up, but thank you for bringing this concern to our attention so we can ensure that we are in fact lit up. The scaffolding is sitting out front as we are in the process of upgrading our outdoor lighting.
I am perplexed at the description of our rooms looking like they are from the 1960s. The rooms are designed to be very similar to all the other Best Westerns in North America as the design packages are supplied by Best Western International.
Our room prices are mid-priced in town and prices are dictated by location, season and competition.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
#7 of 8 in Salmon Arm
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!