“ideal stop between calgary and vancouver”

Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Sas, Canada
“ideal stop between calgary and vancouver”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

super friendly personnel in a hotel that is half way Calgary and Vancouver don't forget your swimming stuff because there is a nice pool and hot tub price /quality relation excellent the Barley brewery/restaurant is two blocks away

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We made a last minute reservation here when returning to Vancouver Island from Edmonton. On the way to Edmonton we had stayed at the Comfort Inn. Unfortunately they were full for our return trip. We were disappointed in a number of areas but overall our stay was not a disaster. This older facility has been renovated and is a basic Best Western property. It is not a "Plus". I have not stayed in a basic Best Western before so perhaps our expectations should have been lower. The price however was on a par with what we have paid for BW Plus properties in the past.

The check in process was pleasant and efficient. The room had all new furniture with a huge TV and a comfortable bed. The basic were all there. There is a pool onsite and a good breakfast buffet is served. There is a fridge and microwave as well.

We booked the hotel, partially because WIFI was advertized and being included. It never worked in our room despite efforts of the onsite staff, myself and tech support that went on for over two hours. Finally, a staff member conceded that they had problems and wanted to switch providers. No bill adjustment was offered.

Breakfast is offered between 7-10 only. Salmon Arm is a stopover point and many guests want to be on the road earlier. A 6:00 or 6:30 start would be more customer friendly. The AC unit was new but it was very noisy and ineffective in keeping the room cool overnight. The fan in the cramped washroom sounded like a fighter jet ready to take off. The washroom has no clothes hook. There are only two cheap bath towels, hand towels and face clothes. There were no towels at sink which was outside the tub and toilet area. The hotel is near the railway tracks which meant that several long freight trains rolled by through our stay. The in-room coffee was the worst we have experienced in a hotel for some time. When compared with the competition, this property is overpriced for the value delivered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cashman777
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Salmon Arm is a nice stop on the way to Vancouver from Calgary. The Best Western is a good place to stay as it is clean, comfortable, comes with a breakfast and has a small pool. The rooms looked like they may have been refurbished recently and have a mini fridge with comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was actually quite good and I think most people would find what they were looking for. The service was friendly and efficient.
A basic hotel but just right for an overnight

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike E
High River, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was between home 'and a long dark drive" from Salmon Arm, BC. I decided I was too tired to challenge the road and the semi's, so needed a nice but reasonably priced facility. I found it here and was so pleased when the lady reminded me I was entitled to a discounted room rate!
THAT doesn't happen too often. I had a good, quiet restful night. Like someone else mentioned, breakfast was good and well presented and although this facility is 'basic'. it does more in friendliness, helpfulness and ambience than most other 'basics". I think one can almost always count of BW for consistency and to me, that is very important!

Room Tip: This facility is set off the main highway and is fairly quiet, but I chose a room back into the cour...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeanne1942
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Salmon Arm is a lovely little town on the Trans Canada Highway. There isn’t a large selection of hotels. When I pass thru I choose the Best Western because they haven’t let me down yet.

The Salmon Arm Best Western is pretty basic but they cover the basics very well and at a competitive price point. Another plus is Best Western provides a complimentary breakfast which is not only convenient but a nice touch.

I have tried some other hotels in the town and have been VERY disappointed. I’ve been tempted to try the Comfort Inn but can usually get a better rate at Best Western, especially if I book ahead with the “internet” rate.

My only real disappointment with this property is the windows don’t open. Its a small thing but I do like having fresh air.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel --- do you like clubbing loud base? Then this hotel is for you.. There's a club close by so when your trying to sleep you here base.
I talked to the front desk I believe they might have dropped down my room rate. But even with this last time I stay at this hotel in salmon arm

Stayed May 2014
BC
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The staff here are awesome. I have to say that right from the start. From check in, to the woman handling the breakfast rush stock up for the complimentary breakfast, everyone was happy, helpful and friendly. My room? Dated. Very. I had a ground floor unit with two queens that seems to sink in the middle. LOTS of pillows though, and I love that.

The TV was nice - large new flat screen. The carpet was old - I kept my socks on the entire time, and almost kept my shoes on too! The room smelled a little like old cigarettes, (and it was supposed to be a non smoking room?) But not enough to move rooms. The walls and ceiling need a bit of a wash, but the ceiling is the 70's texture - and difficult to do without wrecking the finish. That being said, the bathroom celing is also textured, and there were brown spots all over it. Only mentioning as I noticed it, I am not touching or laying around on the ceiling, so is just a detail that speaks to the condition of the rooms.

I didn't make use of the pool, so can't comment on that, but it has a separate building in the middle with the pool area. The rooms are direct enter - (no hallways with entrances inside).

The breakfast was good - waffles, sausages, fruit, yogurt coffee and tea, lots of baked goods as well.

A good value, as you get breakfast included with your stay. Would I stay again? Maybe? I think I would try my luck at another hotel first, but only due to the cleanliness issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#7 of 8 in Salmon Arm
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!