“Super stay”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Olympia, Washington
“Super stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Enjoyed my stay at Super 8 and would recommend to anyone . Staff is friendly and curteous . I will come and stay at any time . I have told my friends about the good stay and anybody passing through or vacationing the region should take a second look.

Room Tip: Book in advance if it is summer - Rony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Preet s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is a very average location that is getting a little tired. The rooms are ok, but not much more.
The breakfast is cereal and bagels, not much else. If you have a lot of luggage they don't even have a cart to haul it in. The pub next door, Setters, is quite nice but other than that, there is nothing in the neighborhood.
For the price, not a good value.

Stay in Kamloops or Enderby and drive to Salmon Arm if you have to.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank russbat
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed here in January, 2012 - toilet in my room was plugged when I checked in, the owner's wife told me she didn't want to deal with it, and brought me a plunger. The room was just above freezing when I checked in. Took an hour to take my jacket off. Checked out after 2 hours and asked for a refund, but was refused by the owner's daughter, as apparently I had "used the room". In fact the only thing I used in the room was a hand towel to watch my hands after the owner watched me use a plunger to unclog the toilet. I was given a full refund and apologies from Super 8 corporate.. Terrible hotel, terrible management - the Holiday Inn Express is 2 blocks away and charged me $10 more than Super 8, got a very very nice room, excellent customer service and a very comfortable bed. I will NEVER EVER stay at the Super 8 Salmon Arm again, and neither should you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Joel L
New Zealand
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Hotel was a little tired, but the rooms were clean and beds relatively comfortable and the room (on the second floor and facing away from the main road) was quiet. Breakfast was a bit scarce, but okay. Staff were helpful and friendly. The thing that shocked me was the cost of doing a load of laundry - $8 to wash & dry a load! The most expensive we've come across in the U.S.A and Canada - and this isn't Banff or Whistler! So for a one night stay, Super 8 is fine - there's quite a few fast food places around it, and a gas station next door - but I probably wouldn't want to stay here for a longer stretch, especially if I had laundry to do...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and think it's overpriced (paid $100 Cdn.) for the location (out of town). It's non-smoking, but you can smell stale smoke. The continental breakfast isn't worth having. Stale bagels, toast, 2 cereals and a poor selection.
Pros would be the staff, the bed was pretty comfortable, lots of TV channels, and the bathroom was spotless.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway as noise is a problem.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed one night on a drive from Vancouver to Banff. Accommodation in Salmon Arm seems a little more expensive than other places in Canada (we paid around $100/night incl. tax for a basic queen bed room at this Motel). Super 8 is a 'budget' motel so you won't find anything fancy here. Decor looking a little tired, but overall the room was clean and bed comfortable. Coffee machine & small bar fridge, hairdryer.

Heating and shower good. Free open-air parking at the front of the Motel.

Basic breakfast provided in the foyer from 6:30 until 9:30am including 2 cereal choices, tea & coffee, toast & juice, one muffin and small bagel option.

The Motel has a pub on one side with a good range of pub food choices; a Tim Horton's across the road (coffee, soup), and a Petrol station next door.

We had a ground floor room and found the ceiling quite thin (could hear our upstairs neighbour's tv, shower and each footstep). Our room faced the highway, but we didn't notice any highway noise.

Go for a drive down to the Lake (5 minutes) on sunset/sunrise for gorgeous views!

Motel is on the Trans-Canadian Highway 1 coming out of Salmon Arm.

Staff were efficient & helpful.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I are usually pretty picky when it comes to staying at hotels (cleanliness, service, accomodations etc..) but we were very happy with this particular Super 8. We walked in and was immediately greeted by a friendly lady at the front desk. The check-in process was so quick and smooth. Not knowing the area very well and having to stay there for 3 days, I asked a lot of questions about what to do. The lady was sooooo sweet, helpful and reminded me of my own mother! We got to our room and it was decent sized but very clean. The breakfast was convenient and an additional plus for us! We asked for extra pillows and they brought it to us within 5-10 minutes. For the amount that I paid and for what I got, it was definately a place I would come back to. Thumbs up ++++!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Howard Johnson Inn Enderby
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Super 8 Salmon Arm? Share your experiences!