“Excellent Value”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Calgary
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were going from Calgary to Vancouver (and return) and Salmon Arm is about mid point. I booked thru Expedia going out and was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and large with a fridge. The bed was comfortable and the room had AC which we used when we stayed there on our return trip. Even though it is close to the highway, with the windows closed, it was quite quiet. Asked for and received a similar rate for return trip so we stayed there again. Walked to adjacent pub (The Setter's) for dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BabyboomerCalgary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed at super 8 for 3 days . Friendly staff . Rooms were clean and looked cozy . Strongly say that this was the best stay . While passing through or on vacation - do not be discouraged that it is not very posh or elegant but it still has merits . Compared to other motels - it is priced according to the regional and seasonal business. You want to pay 125 dollars -it is your choice -you can go to Best Western .

Room Tip: Please do compare but stay at this property after you have done your shopping around
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Dingy & outdated. Smells of smoke and general "old hotel", despite being billed as "100% smoke-free". Desk staff was surly at best. Very sparse breakfast. Bed was comfy enough, but we felt this property was way overpriced...

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn down the street. For $24 more you get a real clean, modern room!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BNRobb
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here recently to break our journey from Edmonton to Vancouver. We found the desk staff unfriendly. The room seemed clean enough when we first viewed it but the first thing I saw when I pulled back the sheets was a long black hair. Not good. We were too tired to complain. The breakfast is minimal but we did enjoy the muffins and coffee. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Thelma S
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Enjoyed my stay at Super 8 and would recommend to anyone . Staff is friendly and curteous . I will come and stay at any time . I have told my friends about the good stay and anybody passing through or vacationing the region should take a second look.

Room Tip: Book in advance if it is summer - Rony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Preet s
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is a very average location that is getting a little tired. The rooms are ok, but not much more.
The breakfast is cereal and bagels, not much else. If you have a lot of luggage they don't even have a cart to haul it in. The pub next door, Setters, is quite nice but other than that, there is nothing in the neighborhood.
For the price, not a good value.

Stay in Kamloops or Enderby and drive to Salmon Arm if you have to.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank russbat
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed here in January, 2012 - toilet in my room was plugged when I checked in, the owner's wife told me she didn't want to deal with it, and brought me a plunger. The room was just above freezing when I checked in. Took an hour to take my jacket off. Checked out after 2 hours and asked for a refund, but was refused by the owner's daughter, as apparently I had "used the room". In fact the only thing I used in the room was a hand towel to watch my hands after the owner watched me use a plunger to unclog the toilet. I was given a full refund and apologies from Super 8 corporate.. Terrible hotel, terrible management - the Holiday Inn Express is 2 blocks away and charged me $10 more than Super 8, got a very very nice room, excellent customer service and a very comfortable bed. I will NEVER EVER stay at the Super 8 Salmon Arm again, and neither should you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Super 8 Salmon Arm? Share your experiences!