“Clean, quiet and modern on the waterfront” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Prestige Harbourfront Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean, quiet and modern on the waterfront”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was clean, friendly, quiet, modern and comfortable.

I stayed for two nights in a double queen overlooking the water while attending the Shuswap Writers' Festival. It seems to have a lot of amenities ranging from a spa to salon, a pub, a restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness equipment and even a psychologist (which seemed a tad odd or maybe highly progressive).

It was an excellent place for a conference with numerous break out rooms and large main rooms with dividers for breaking them up. The catering was delish. Not sure if the food was from in-house or catered but I assume it was in-house.

It has free wi-fi. The bed was really comfortable.

As a hotel guest, you can access free parking then walk around the town and explore the shops. There's a wharf with lots of birds. I saw two osprey, a couple of grebes, a blue heron, other birds I couldn't identify and even a beaver. There's a nice walk along a gravel path in bird habitat close by that goes for three kilometres.

It's a little pricey but in line with other hotels of the same quality.
There's a new little french pastry/coffee shop off the lobby that has just opened perfect for a light breakfast.

My only complaint would be that it makes no sense to have a window in a lakeside room that can only be opened about two inches. There are lakeside rooms with balconies for more money.

The air circulation thing in the bathroom was noisier than I would have liked but nothing major in room 407.

All in all, if you like comfort and modern, I believe this would be the best choice in Salmon Arm at the moment.

Room Tip: Get a room on the fourth floor facing the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Heather B, General Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Your satisfaction is very important to our team and I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay in Salmon Arm. We hope that you are able to join us next year for the Shuswap Writers Festival.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed for one night in April, the room was exceptionally clean , the staff was very helpful and the location was great. My wife and I are going back again in June and plan on staying here again. WiFi signal was quite strong, no problems with connections.. We ate in the pub and were very pleased with our meal. We are going to eat there again. We also enjoyed being able to walk in a park like setting by the Harbour. You can see they are doing some renovations, but nothing interfered with our stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a Harbour view, it is wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
What a great stay! Thank you for posting your lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed the dining and amenities at the resort during your stay. I will pass on your compliments to the chef and our hotel team. We look forward to seeing you again for another great getaway. - Sonu Murphy
Salmon Arm, British Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed during renovations, which updated the lobby walls and decor... Somehow their renovation budget forgot to include a fitness center full of dangerously broken and neglected equipment, filled with local teenagers bragging about how they snuck in. Good location, but across from railroad tracks from anything that could be reasonsablyy called an amenity.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel during your stay-cation in Salmon Arm. Access to the Athletic Club is only available with an encoded key card issued by our front desk and entrances are monitored digitally. I have passed your comments on to our management team for further review. To ensure a high standard of service, we maintain a regular maintenance schedule with an outside contractor specializing in gym equipment maintenance. The most recent complete renovation of the athletic club occurred in 2012, with some updates in 2013 as well as just recently we added a number of new Cardio pieces to replace worn equipment. Please be assured that we have already taken the necessary steps to rectify your concerns and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you for another stay soon. - Sonu Murphy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Wanted to stay in a nicer hotel for a change so I bucked out $110 to stay here in the off season. Was upgraded into a nicer room after going the rewards program (which is free stay after X visits). Rooms are very nice, the tub was large enough for a 6 foot guy to have a decent bath. The food was good (I ate in the pub which shares the same kitchen)

I would stay here on a non business trip and likely will treat myself next time I'm working In Salmon Arm

Room Tip: Join the business rewards program and get a free room upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to treat yourself while in Salmon Arm. I am glad that you had such a comfortable stay and are looking forward to "treating" yourself again. We look forward to welcoming you back for another indulgent stay and I would highly recommend the spa services at Shuswap Bliss if you are hoping to de-stress during a business trip. - Sonu Murphy
Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed only for one night. The room was very clean and had a super comfy King size bed.
The restaurant was excellent and has large portions. We had dinner and breakfast. It was very nice to not have to leave the hotel to get a great meal. All the staff members were very pleasant and ready to help you with any needs. The only minor issue was the pool was very cold and heavily chlorinated making it not very enjoyable even for 8 year olds. We were there for our grandsons hockey tournament.
We never used the gym, but it looking in as we drove by it seemed to be very nice with a lot of good equipment. We would come back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that you had an enjoyable visit while in town for your grandson's hockey tournament! As a family owned company we understand that guests travelling with loved ones truly require a home-away-from-home when on a road trip, and I am glad that you found the resort to be the perfect hub for your visit. I have passed your feedback to our management team for further review and look forward to your next visit! - Sonu Murphy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I recently had my second trip to Salmon Arm. The first time I stayed at the Podollan, and had a less than pleasant experience. This time I took my clients advice and wisely chose the Prestige. I really have no complaints. The location is great, and even though it's winter and the lake is frozen and wildlife non-existent, the view of the snow dusted mountains was beautiful. I imagine in the summer it would be very enjoyable to walk around the lake and use the outdoor amenities.
I stayed in a lake view king bed room. It was clean, and decently decorated. The shower was large, but I agree with another reviewer that it's definitely designed for a taller people. The wifi was complimentary and I had good connection.
I used the gym and found that to be very nice, a good amount of equipment and a nice view of the lake.
Service was good from all staff I encountered. Overall a positive experience and I would chose this hotel if I return to Salmon Arm.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for rating us the "Best Hotel in Salmon Arm", we are thrilled to read your wonderful review! I am pleased that you truly enjoyed the hotel and had a rejuvenating stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. - Sonu Murphy
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great location within walking distance to amenities. Very spacious rooms with a good sized bar fridge, microwave, dishes and cutlery! Upgraded to a water view which despite the rain was great. Amazing food on site, would recommend the Caesar salad but make sure whoever you're with has it as well - lots of garlic!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a view room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nothing better than Caesar Salad with lots of garlic! Yum! I will pass your compliments on to Aquatico Bay Restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed the resort and had the opportunity to upgrade to a lake view. It really is an amazing view of the nature estuary and lake! Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to welcome you back soon! - Sonu Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
BEST WESTERN Sicamous Inn
The Inn at the Ninth Hole Bed & Breakfast
Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort

Been to Prestige Harbourfront Resort? Share your experiences!