“They do try..but a huge disappointment”
Review of Primavera Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Primavera Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Salmon Arm is a relatively small town. We have visited this restaurant twice. The first time it was't too bad, we wereimpressed with our meal and service. This second time was a huge disappointment. I'm not sure if they changed kitchen staff, or have changed their process/end product but in short, my plate was an insult to Italian food.

The appetizer of bruschetta was literally a joke. No garlic, no parsley, very little oil..just some diced tomatoes on a piece of toasted bread about 1"x3", and for 3 of these pieces they charge 9.95?!?!

My dish was the chicken breast and sausage with tomato basil linguini. My chicken breast was probably about a 3 or 4 ounce portion and the sausage was more like a wiener than a real sausage. I know sausage, have eaten enough Italian sausage in my time, this was not it.

The pasta - no taste of basil anywhere. Very bland, not a good texture.

I feel bad, it seems like this may read like a personal attack but I assure you it's not, just want to let others know, if you're used to very good Italian, don't waste your time or money here. Perhaps it varies from menu item..but we probably won't be going back.

Service was good, genuine but the food needs work. If you can whip up something with some fresh ingredients in your own kitchen better than this, there is something wrong.

I'm sure I can make a better grilled chicken/sausage and toss my own pasta in a fresh tomato sauce. I think our total tab was just over $90 for 2 people, $90 can buy a much better meal at other places in Salmon Arm.

There were only 3 tables seated around 8pm on a Saturday night, we overhead one table raving about the food, my guess was they're locals and they're used to this level of execution or just being nice like us.

1  Thank rc51cgy